The Student Room Group

How to structure my A-level before it's too late?

Hey guys, I really need some help with scheduling by revision. My first exam is on the 22nd of May and my last is on the 14th of June (Alright i guess). I got 7 exams to prepare for.

My A-levels:
Mathematics
Geography
Computer Science

If I could rate out of 10 how much I know for each subject at this current moment:

Maths (6/10): Definitely my strongest subject and I can do most questions. However I still make silly mistakes and covered all the spec yet (Finished stats, Still 2 chapters for mech, 4 for pure I think). And there AS to revise as well. How do I fit it in?

Geography(2/10): My textbook knowledge is fading and general knowledge is wack anyways. I'm really unsure how to revise for geography.

Computer Science (3/10): it's a bit of a sticky one. I would bangout linus tech tip videos and learn quite a lot but not enough for the spec obviously. I'm unsure on how to revise for this.

THE BARE MINIMUM I need is AAB (Obviously higher is better but yeh).

How can I structure it?
help? need detailz
Reply 2
Hey! I also do Geography and Computer Science at A level. Which exam board are you with? How is your Computing coursework coming along? A lot of us including in TSR haven't finished it yet, we are far away from finishing it.
Original post by The RAR
Hey! I also do Geography and Computer Science at A level. Which exam board are you with? How is your Computing coursework coming along? A lot of us including in TSR haven't finished it yet, we are far away from finishing it.

Well as far as I know, I'm ahead of my class (Finished coding). I'm still doing annotations and stuff for development (Really long. i coded the game first to see if i could make it.) Its a Breakout game on JavaScript (its dead I get it but IDC so far I'm on top bands so its gucci). Theory wise its dun out ere. No revision done at all. I should be able to finish the cw in 2 weeks if I really work on it. Hows geography cw for u if u do NEA? I finshed mine a few days ago :smile: Im prioritising CW over revision atm
Reply 4
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Well as far as I know, I'm ahead of my class (Finished coding). I'm still doing annotations and stuff for development (Really long. i coded the game first to see if i could make it.) Its a Breakout game on JavaScript (its dead I get it but IDC so far I'm on top bands so its gucci). Theory wise its dun out ere. No revision done at all. I should be able to finish the cw in 2 weeks if I really work on it. Hows geography cw for u if u do NEA? I finshed mine a few days ago :smile: Im prioritising CW over revision atm

Geography coursework is almost finished with me but still a lot to do. You actually managed to code and make a game? I am impressed! I am having the opposite trouble here, I have done **** all for coding, only this one guy managed to create a game in Processing. The rest are just as stuck as me:biggrin:
I am prioritising revision over coursework at the moment, it really seems like we are in the opposite of things!
Btw is Edexcel your exam board for Geo? And OCR for Computer Science?
Original post by The RAR
Geography coursework is almost finished with me but still a lot to do. You actually managed to code and make a game? I am impressed! I am having the opposite trouble here, I have done **** all for coding, only this one guy managed to create a game in Processing. The rest are just as stuck as me:biggrin:
I am prioritising revision over coursework at the moment, it really seems like we are in the opposite of things!
Btw is Edexcel your exam board for Geo? And OCR for Computer Science?

AQA Geography & OCR Computer Science. So close. I also take Maths (Edexcel) what about you?
Reply 6
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
AQA Geography & OCR Computer Science. So close. I also take Maths (Edexcel) what about you?

Oh lucky, you guys don't have to do coursework for Geogrpahy. Yeah I am with edexcel, I take Geogrpahy, Computer Science and Biology. Yeah..I know weird mix tho Computer Science I was kinda pressured to take it both from family and teachers as apparently they think it should be my path
Original post by The RAR
Oh lucky, you guys don't have to do coursework for Geogrpahy. Yeah I am with edexcel, I take Geogrpahy, Computer Science and Biology. Yeah..I know weird mix tho Computer Science I was kinda pressured to take it both from family and teachers as apparently they think it should be my path

I did do geography CW ( The nea)
Original post by The RAR

If I could choose again, i would have done Maths, Physics, And probably Further Maths or Econ. Who knows. At least maths and physics. Which is needed for engineering. I need to get AAA for the dream course.
bump

Quick Reply

Latest