The Student Room Group

Law at UK with math studies and English B HL in IB

Hi, I’m studying IB with Visual art, English B, Physics HL and Math studies, Economics, Korean SL. Some of uni in UK require GCSE 4 in math, but I didn’t take GCSE so I’m just curious if not having GCSE math 4 can be okay with math SL in IB. Even though I might struggle a bit with SL, I’m considering about changing bc I just started IB and can still change subject combi... :smile:

Also, is it okay to take English B and Visual art in HL? Will it limit my choice for university :frown:...?
Original post by Yeet the wheat
Hi, I’m studying IB with Visual art, English B, Physics HL and Math studies, Economics, Korean SL. Some of uni in UK require GCSE 4 in math, but I didn’t take GCSE so I’m just curious if not having GCSE math 4 can be okay with math SL in IB. Even though I might struggle a bit with SL, I’m considering about changing bc I just started IB and can still change subject combi... :smile:

Also, is it okay to take English B and Visual art in HL? Will it limit my choice for university :frown:...?

You really need to check the entrance requirements for the uni. All unis have English and maths requirements, but they are willing to accept various qualifications and tests.

You havent told us what sort of course you wnat to apply for?
If you're an international student they don't expect GCSEs. They will consider whatever 14-16 education you did instead of them; if you didn't cover the same core content however they may have an issue, but most education systems will cover roughly the same content as the national curriculum at that age anyway (albeit usually in a slightly different format).

You should check with universities you are considering applying to in order to see whether your choices are suitable. Some may have issues with e.g. taking Maths Studies or whatever, but I think most won't be that fussed provided you do well in the courses you are taking for law.

Out of curiosity, why are you taking Physics HL and only Maths Studies...? It seems a bizarre choice not to at least take SL Maths with Physics in IB...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending