The Student Room Group

UNIQ summer school 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crow_M
Quality over quantity.

I'm trying to do 3 months of volunteering and go to like 3-4 summer schools.

Phew... my brothers been volunteering since results day
Thanks that makes me feel like i have a chance lol
Reply 61
Original post by Kangaroo17
Phew... my brothers been volunteering since results day
Thanks that makes me feel like i have a chance lol

I am applying with somewhat poor GCSEs however I'm strengthening my application in many ways (7 A Levels, enrichment, further reading, work experience, going to uni taster days, working on PS, etc).
Original post by Crow_M
I am applying with somewhat poor GCSEs however I'm strengthening my application in many ways (7 A Levels, enrichment, further reading, work experience, going to uni taster days, working on PS, etc).

You’re doing 7 a levels? Wow what are you studying?
Reply 63
Original post by Unknown45678abc
You’re doing 7 a levels? Wow what are you studying?

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Portuguese and Spanish (Spanish isn't my native language).
Original post by Crow_M
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Portuguese and Spanish (Spanish isn't my native language).

Wow so are you doing the languages via your school or independently?
Reply 65
Wow so are you doing the languages via your school or independently?

Languages Independently. I must sit Maths A2 independently if I want my school to accept me in F Maths next year (need an A* as they rarely do this)
Original post by Kangaroo17
Btw when do they tel you whether you've been accepted or not?

I think it said the 25th of Feb on the website.
Original post by Crow_M
Languages Independently. I must sit Maths A2 independently if I want my school to accept me in F Maths next year (need an A* as they rarely do this)

Why are you doing 7?
Reply 68
Original post by eclipseboi
Why are you doing 7?

Mostly because:
1- I want to apply to a few unis abroad
2- I want to learn all all about them
3- Why not I guess?
Original post by Crow_M
Mostly because:
1- I want to apply to a few unis abroad
2- I want to learn all all about them
3- Why not I guess?

Fair enough, judging by how I'm finding 3+ AS at the moment I would probably fail all 7!
Reply 70
Fair enough, judging by how I'm finding 3+ AS at the moment I would probably fail all 7!

May I ask, are you in Wales? (AS still counts here).
why do i see this thread right after the application has past. fml. does anyone know any other summer/spring schools I can apply too?
Original post by Crow_M
May I ask, are you in Wales? (AS still counts here).

No, England. That makes a bit more sense, which are you taking to A2?
Original post by hugebrain
why do i see this thread right after the application has past. fml. does anyone know any other summer/spring schools I can apply too?

Have a look at the Sutton Trust website; they offer summer schools at a variety of universities, including Cambridge. There is also a (paid) summer school at Eton for prospective oxbridge applicants, but I'm going to wait and see how my other applications turn out first. The Eton one might be a good option if you don't meet many/any of the additional criteria for the Sutton Trust- personally I go to a state comprehensive, but other than that my circumstances are certainly not disadvantageous, so I think it's unlikely that I'll get a place on UNIQ/ST.
Reply 74
No, England. That makes a bit more sense, which are you taking to A2?

All of them... 😅
Reply 75
Original post by hugebrain

RIP, what were you going to apply to?
Reply 76
Have a look at the Sutton Trust website; they offer summer schools at a variety of universities, including Cambridge. There is also a (paid) summer school at Eton for prospective oxbridge applicants, but I'm going to wait and see how my other applications turn out first. The Eton one might be a good option if you don't meet many/any of the additional criteria for the Sutton Trust- personally I go to a state comprehensive, but other than that my circumstances are certainly not disadvantageous, so I think it's unlikely that I'll get a place on UNIQ/ST.

If they live in specific London boroughs they can apply for the free Harrow Oxbridge Lumina Programme.
Original post by Crow_M
All of them... 😅

Wow! Best of luck :smile:
Does anyone know what time the decisions are posted?
Does anyone know what time the decisions are posted?

February 25th

I'm applying for History: Race and Protest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending