The Student Room Group

2019 Still haven't heard from any universities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cna1806
Yeah it is. I'll check with my referee tomorrow about that. And I'm in S6 so my predicted grades are A in Higher Chemistry and B in Advanced Higher Maths and Biology. And yeah, hopefully we do become classmates!

They don't look at your predicted grades.
Original post by jacob_stre
They don't look at your predicted grades.

Please elaborate on where you got this information...?
Original post by cna1806
Please elaborate on where you got this information...?

Well if a teacher likes you, they will most likely put you down as an A, some schools do the easy topics first e.g Astronomy in Physics opposed to electromagnetism (in adv higher physics). If they are going for medicine they will do the uk cat, meaning their grades in tests will go down, so in fairness all that, I think they take it with a pinch of salt, though I could be wrong.
Original post by jacob_stre
Well if a teacher likes you, they will most likely put you down as an A, some schools do the easy topics first e.g Astronomy in Physics opposed to electromagnetism (in adv higher physics). If they are going for medicine they will do the uk cat, meaning their grades in tests will go down, so in fairness all that, I think they take it with a pinch of salt, though I could be wrong.

I mean sure I guess apart from the fact that Medical sciences do not require you to perform the UKCAT in order to apply
HobbinsE

Just wee update regarding edinburgh, they are busy at the moment and hopefully you will still here from them soon

Every other place same as over influx of applications for 2019/20
If your worry, should perhaps phone for update if you not heard coming weeks or in a month say
Best anyway
I see that three of your universities are in Scotland - Scottish unis (not all, but a lot) tend to have a reputation for replying later so I wouldn't worry c: I'm also waiting on Edinburgh if that helps ^-^
Original post by sandra24600
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an offer (or rejection lmao) from their chosen unis?

In that case, where did yall apply to and when? And are you doing A-levels or something else?

I'm currently doing the IB and my predicted score is 40/45. I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and King's College London for international relations (but some of the courses were joint with either history or law). I'm also an EU applicant from Finland, so there's that.

I know there's nothing to worry about and that unis have until May to respond, but it's still annoying when all your friends hear from their courses and you're still staring at that "There have been no recent updates to your application" thing on Track.

I applied to Computer Science in November, and only received 3 offers back so far. Still waiting for Bristol and Southampton
Reply 27
I received offers from Sussex within days of applying (end of Nov '18) then Exeter a week later and Bristol on the day before the deadline (odd!) - but still waiting for Edinburgh! I applied for two courses at EDI and they did ask me to state a preference - not sure if that is significant or not!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by GI GI
I received offers from Sussex within days of applying (end of Nov '18) then Exeter a week later and Bristol on the day before the deadline (odd!) - but still waiting for Edinburgh! I applied for two courses at EDI and they did ask me to state a preference - not sure if that is significant or not!

Thanks. I also got an offer from Exeter like 2 days after I applied end of November. Just got my application put on hold by Bristol
Hi
Edinburgh been very busy dealing with the huge amount of applications for next year intakes
Give it time

All depends on what course you are chosen ok

It may depends on how they pick up your choices, may accept one and reject the other but besdt to see what happens
Original post by Saphiracal
I see that three of your universities are in Scotland - Scottish unis (not all, but a lot) tend to have a reputation for replying later so I wouldn't worry c: I'm also waiting on Edinburgh if that helps ^-^

Yeah so I've heard! The reason why I'm anxious is that my friends who have applied to the same unis in Scotland (different courses though) have gotten orffer or rejections. But yeaah we'll see what happens 😅😅
Original post by anetteines
I was so sure I was going to handle everything perfectly before the IB but then Year 2 struck and you know haha

Originally from Estonia yes and I'm probably not going to apply to any Estonian universities either as I would feel like the IB was a waste then. University of Tartu would be alright though but there are no undergrad courses I'd like to study so there's that. I'm going to apply to Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, there's a really good biomedicine course

Original post by LexiMia
I’m also still waiting and haven’t gotten anything back yet :frown: i applied to 3 courses (biomed, medical science, biological science) in Edinburgh, 1 in Heriot Watt and 1 in Dundee. I’m an EU student from Germany but am currently doing biomedical science in another Scottish uni. I’m predicted AAA for a level and a 1st for first year uni. What do you think my chance are? I’ve literally been so nervous for the the past 2 weeks :frown: how’s your personal statement? I heard edinburgh uni has a really strong emphasis on it.

Original post by sandra24600
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an offer (or rejection lmao) from their chosen unis?

In that case, where did yall apply to and when? And are you doing A-levels or something else?

I'm currently doing the IB and my predicted score is 40/45. I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and King's College London for international relations (but some of the courses were joint with either history or law). I'm also an EU applicant from Finland, so there's that.

I know there's nothing to worry about and that unis have until May to respond, but it's still annoying when all your friends hear from their courses and you're still staring at that "There have been no recent updates to your application" thing on Track.

Hi, I'm also an EU applicant from Germany, doing Abitur. I applied for Psychology Bsc at UCL, St Andrews, Bath, Birmingham and Durham on Jan 2nd and only got an offer from Birmingham so far.

I'm getting quite impatient myself. Do you guys have a favourite yet?
I've applied for Business Management to Warwick, King's, Bristol, Southampton, and Durham, Thing is, I applied on the 16th morning because my predicted grades couldn't be uploaded before. I talked to UCAS and they said I'll still get an offer, just later than usual. Does anyone know anything about that, like approximately when I'll get some sort of a response. The wait is killing me .
also, I'm doing AP's and my predicted's are 5,5,4,4,3.......Not really good but I'm hoping to get at least 1 offer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rachitad
I've applied for Business Management to Warwick, King's, Bristol, Southampton, and Durham, Thing is, I applied on the 16th morning because my predicted grades couldn't be uploaded before. I talked to UCAS and they said I'll still get an offer, just later than usual. Does anyone know anything about that, like approximately when I'll get some sort of a response. The wait is killing me .
also, I'm doing AP's and my predicted's are 5,5,4,4,3.......Not really good but I'm hoping to get at least 1 offer.

If you've applied past the deadline then I wouldn't really be expecting any response soon or long before the offer deadline. Realistically your application will be at the bottom of the applicant pool due to applying after the deadline and it'll be at the discretion of the university as to whether or not they'll reply to your application. Don't worry though, you should get at least a reply or two from somewhere.
Original post by cna1806
If you've applied past the deadline then I wouldn't really be expecting any response soon or long before the offer deadline. Realistically your application will be at the bottom of the applicant pool due to applying after the deadline and it'll be at the discretion of the university as to whether or not they'll reply to your application. Don't worry though, you should get at least a reply or two from somewhere.

So is there a chance I'll won't get an offer due to the lack of spaces available in the course?
So is there a chance I'll won't get an offer due to the lack of spaces available in the course?

It is possible as people who have applied before the deadline are priority and their applications will be processed first.
Original post by cna1806
It is possible as people who have applied before the deadline are priority and their applications will be processed first.

Yikes. I hope I'll receive something, but I guess I'll have one more choice if I don't get any offers.

Thanks a lot! :smile:
Yikes. I hope I'll receive something, but I guess I'll have one more choice if I don't get any offers.

Thanks a lot! :smile:

The chances are they'll probably get back to you, just maybe not as early as others who submitted their application pre-deadline.
Good luck with your application and let us know if you got anything!
Original post by cna1806
The chances are they'll probably get back to you, just maybe not as early as others who submitted their application pre-deadline.
Good luck with your application and let us know if you got anything!

Will do, thanks again!
similar position to you - am an EU student doing A levels

I applied to KCL, Manchester, Plymouth and HYMS - for medicine
had interviews at all 4 but am yet to hear back from a single one - i applied waay back in October 15th - but my interviews were last month and the month before
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending