The Student Room Group

Help options soon

I’m not sure wether to pick French or spanish can someone help me I’ve done French since year 3 and haven’t done any Spanish at all my parents say Spanish is better because it’s the most spoken language in the world but I thought French was better because I’ve been doing it most of my life so I know more.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IVE GOT TO PICK BY 14TH FEBUARY
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Frenchorspanish
I’m not sure wether to pick French or spanish can someone help me I’ve done French since year 3 and haven’t done any Spanish at all my parents say Spanish is better because it’s the most spoken language in the world but I thought French was better because I’ve been doing it most of my life so I know more.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IVE GOT TO PICK BY 14TH FEBUARY

Which one do you think you'll enjoy most? If you're concerned about your grade then think about which you think you'd do best in; you've got experience of French so you know how competent you are, whereas Spanish is new to you - and if you don't like it, what will you do?

Will either of them be useful to your next step, whether that's an A-level course, careers you're interested in or your future plans? That might be something to consider.

Personally, I wouldn't opt for a subject because your parents think it's a popular language. Whilst I agree with them, it'll be you that studies it for the next couple of years, and you could always pursue another language at a later date if you think it'll be really handy to have :smile:

Good luck, let me know what you decide and if you want to discuss things further by all means just let me know :h:
go french
You should probably choose the subject you’re most comfortable with, so I would choose French. You can always learn Spanish in the future.
Original post by Frenchorspanish

I think you should pick spanish because it’s easier than french but if you find french easier then take french, i did french for 5 years and i did german for 2 years and i also did spanish In year 7 then i moved schools and i was in the side of the year that does german and french, I enjoyed Spanish but I ended up choosing German as I couldn’t take Spanish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending