The Student Room Group
Reply 1
it must be something to do with the second name.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by utv
it must be something to do with the second name.

Haha lol. no. I like him cause he speaks the truth. He speaks whatever is on his mind.
Reply 3
he speaks against Muslims. surley if your Muslim then you agree with him speaking against your religion?(I'm not saying he's not allowed to as this is freedom of speech he can say what he likes) I'm just confused as to what you like about him if he speaks against your people? something seems a bit dodgy
Original post by utv
he speaks against Muslims. surley if your Muslim then you agree with him speaking against your religion?(I'm not saying he's not allowed to as this is freedom of speech he can say what he likes) I'm just confused as to what you like about him if he speaks against your people? something seems a bit dodgy

He has a point

Islam is not a religion. Islam is an idealogy.

The quran does have violence

Islam does disagree with UKs beliefs. There is no modesty etc in the Uk. Hence its against our laws.
What do you think of Maajid Nawaz?
Original post by Terry Tibbs
What do you think of Maajid Nawaz?

he is a traitor who got sold out
Original post by John hopkins7305
He has a point

Islam does disagree with UKs beliefs. There is no modesty etc in the Uk. Hence its against our laws.

You surely aren't a Muslim if you say stuff like that. So stop ********ting
Reply 8
and have you looked at those verses in context? general question
He has a point

What are you on about?!😂

How is Islam an ideology?😂 Back it up.

How does the Quran have violence? Back up your premise using the quotes and context from the Quran.

In Islam, we have to obey the law of the land. Whether or not the UK is modest, we have to accept it.

Your clearly not a Muslim if you believe Islam is an ideology. An ideology is a system of ideas/political theories. If you are a muslim then you would believe that Islam, derived from the Quran, is from God and so a religion, not an ideology.

Stating that Islam is an ideology implies that it is man made. Whereas if you are a Muslim, you should believe that Islam is from God.

Tommy Robinson doesn't like you.😂

Im assuming that your just a Tommy Robinson fan, using the fact that your a 'Muslim' to prove that Tommy's neo fascist ideas are correct.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Asada786
What are you on about?!😂

How is Islam an ideology?😂 Back it up.

How does the Quran have violence? Back up your premise using the quotes and context from the Quran.

In Islam, we have to obey the law of the land. Whether or not the UK is modest, we have to accept it.

Your clearly not a Muslim if you believe Islam is an ideology. An ideology is a system of ideas/political theories. If you are a muslim then you would believe that Islam, derived from the Quran, is from God and so a religion, not an ideology.

Stating that Islam is an ideology implies that it is man made. Whereas if you are a Muslim, you should believe that Islam is from God.

Tommy Robinson doesn't like you.😂

Tommy Robinson said that himself.

And islam does have politics. The caliphate, judicial system etc.

Islam has laws A to Z
Tommy Robinson said that himself.

And islam does have politics. The caliphate, judicial system etc.

Islam has laws A to Z

Islam has political policies in muslim majority countries. These political policies are not required/compulsory in Islam.

Please don't ignore my questions. Back up your premise about the Quran having violence. Give me a quote, taking into account the context.
Original post by Asada786
Islam has political policies in muslim majority countries. These political policies are not required/compulsory in Islam.

Please don't ignore my questions. Back up your premise about the Quran having violence. Give me a quote, taking into account the context.

Like the example where allah says:

kill them wherever you find them, take them out the way they took you out

And yes, the khilafah state is obligatory
Its true. Go ahead

Well you certainly are a brand new account with very few posts other than this to your name.
Original post by 999tigger
Well you certainly are a brand new account with very few posts other than this to your name.

Lol

Quran 2:191 “And kill them wherever you find them…”

Critics as usual apply ‘cut and choose’ approach with regards to this passage (Quran 2:191). They only quote, “And kill them wherever you find them…(2:191). However, when we read the passage in its context (2:190-195) it says opposite what they portray of the verse.

Quran 2:190 195

2:190 Fight in the way of God those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. God does not like transgressors.
2:191 And kill them wherever you find them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah [Persecution] is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
2:192 And if they cease, then indeed, God is Forgiving and Merciful.
2:193 Fight them until there is no [more] fitnah [Persecution] and [until] worship is for God. But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors.
2:194 [Fighting in] the sacred month is for [aggression committed in] the sacred month, and for [all] violations is legal retribution. So whoever has assaulted you, then assault him in the same way that he has assaulted you. And fear God and know that God is with those who fear Him.
2:195 And spend in the way of God and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, God loves the doers of good.

It’s important whenever one reads a Quranic verse, to read it in its context. As you have read, critics only quote the part which suites them, they isolate previous verses and the ones after. When the passage is examined in context, it is clear that nowhere does it sanction the killing of innocent people. From verse 2:190 to 2:195, when read, Allah makes it evident to fight those only who fight them, fighting in self-defence.

Another thing some love to do with the verse is, change the Arabic word’s meaning. Example, the Arabic word ‘Fitna’ used in 2:191 and 2:193, they deceptively have translated the word as ‘disbelief’. So, when it’s read in that perspective, the passage is implying to fight to those who are disbelievers, just because of their religion. This again when we examine it, it will turn out to be a lie. The Arabic word ‘Fitnah’ means ‘persecution’, ‘corruption’, ‘sedition’. But when the word ‘Fitnah’ is used in verse 2:191 and 2:193 it means ‘persecution’.
(edited 5 years ago)

You are clearly ignorant. Your applying the 'cut and choose' method, ignoring the rest of the quotes and context. It is clear from above that you should only kill transgressors.

A khalifah is not compulsory😂 it is only compulsory in a Muslim majority country, which is not the case in England😂
Lol

Your not a Muslim. Your a Tommy Robinson fan, using the fact that your a 'Muslim' to push forward and to show that Tommy's neo fascist and terrorist views are correct.
he is a traitor who got sold out

So let me get this straight... you, a Muslim, likes Tommy Robinson (a non Muslim) for his anti-Islam views, yet you dislike Maajid Nawas (who afaik used to be a Muslim), who has very moderate and reasonable views against Islamic extremism and seeks to reform the religion.

Yeah you're gonna have to run that contradition by me again buddy.
Original post by john hopkins7305
its true. Go ahead

**fake muslim alert**

Latest