The Student Room Group

He’s seen all my scars... I feel so insecure right now

So I’ve been with this guy for almost 2yrs now we’ve had sex a few times etc I did date him then we broke up so now we are almost like friends with benefits if You’d like...

Anyway today we were talking and he mentioned something about my scars on my body ... it’s so weird because when we had sex I never thought he noticed I’ve always been so insecure about my scars and skin ...

I’ve suffered from eczema and really bad pigmentation of the skin like where my eczema had been before those areas are slightly darker to the rest of my body and he’s seen it all also I useto self harm when I was younger and those scars are visible to... I feel so horrible rn he’s seen all my insecurities and it makes me feel like crap...

He didn’t really say much all he really said was eczema is horrible I don’t have eczema now but my body will forever be scared from when I did ...

I just want to cry I hate myself so much rn how do I make this go away?
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been with this guy for almost 2yrs now we’ve had sex a few times etc I did date him then we broke up so now we are almost like friends with benefits if You’d like...

Anyway today we were talking and he mentioned something about my scars on my body ... it’s so weird because when we had sex I never thought he noticed I’ve always been so insecure about my scars and skin ...

I’ve suffered from eczema and really bad pigmentation of the skin like where my eczema had been before those areas are slightly darker to the rest of my body and he’s seen it all also I useto self harm when I was younger and those scars are visible to... I feel so horrible rn he’s seen all my insecurities and it makes me feel like crap...

He didn’t really say much all he really said was eczema is horrible I don’t have eczema now but my body will forever be scared from when I did ...

Don’t beat yourself up over it. He should love you for your scars and accept you no matter what and be there for you. From what you’ve said I don’t think he hates you for it, why should he? Trust me, he still loves you. Maybe if you feel like things are awkward you should talk to him about it, he’ll be able to comfort you better than I can.
Remember to love your scars, I have learned to embrace mine and I know how hard it is. Have faith in yourself and things will get easier I promise you.
Feel free to PM me 😊❤️
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Icykitten
Don’t beat yourself up over it. He should love you for your scars and accept you no matter what and be there for you. From what you’ve said I don’t think he hates you for it, why should he? Trust me, he still loves you. Maybe if you feel like things are awkward you should talk to him about it, he’ll be able to comfort you better than I can.
Remember to love your scars, I have learned to embrace mine and I know how hard it is. Have faith in yourself and things will get easier I promise you.
Feel free to PM me 😊❤️

Aww thanks love and yes u are right I know I shouldn’t over think it but it’s something that’s always bothered me and I know he won’t say anything to me about my scars coz he knows it’ll hurt me but I feel as if deep down it’s put him off slightly...
:frown:
Aww thanks love and yes u are right I know I shouldn’t over think it but it’s something that’s always bothered me and I know he won’t say anything to me about my scars coz he knows it’ll hurt me but I feel as if deep down it’s put him off slightly...
:frown:

I don’t think it will have put him off at all, you should try and talk to him though, even if it’s just over the phone to make sure he’s ok about it but I’m sure he will be. Best wishes ❤️
Reply 4
I don’t think it will have put him off at all, you should try and talk to him though, even if it’s just over the phone to make sure he’s ok about it but I’m sure he will be. Best wishes ❤️

Yes I did ask him on how he felt and all he really said was “my dad has eczema and it’s not nice , it’s painful and disgusting also he doesn’t know about my scars from self harm ... I’m suppose to be seeing him again this next week and I feel so insecure now he’s more likely to pay attention:frown:
Hey I'm sorry to hear this.

He should be there for you. He should like you for you and accept your scars.

As another user stated, embrace your scars, accept them and love you for you.
Can relate but for different reasons. Eczema is a minor issue imo, not trivialising your pain, I'd just be surprised if it was a big deal to him.

Tell him the stuff you're telling us and see what he says.
why do i feel like this is fake
Original post by BenjiInTheBox

What’s the matter with you? (I don’t mean that aggressively) Unless you know how it feels to be insecure about scars I suggest you leave this post.
Yes I did ask him on how he felt and all he really said was “my dad has eczema and it’s not nice , it’s painful and disgusting also he doesn’t know about my scars from self harm ... I’m suppose to be seeing him again this next week and I feel so insecure now he’s more likely to pay attention:frown:

I know it’s difficult to talk about but maybe try talking about your self harm scars with him. Honesty is the best policy. The less secrets the stronger your relationship will be. I hope you feel better soon, try not to stress 😊❤️
I know it’s difficult to talk about but maybe try talking about your self harm scars with him. Honesty is the best policy. The less secrets the stronger your relationship will be. I hope you feel better soon, try not to stress 😊❤️

PRSOM. You deserve all the rep TSR has. :cube:

I got scars on my chest caused by the acne I used to have they ain't discoloured but they leave huge bumps running in a line.
i got more scars on my legs from crashing my bike road rash on my right knee and a huge gash on my left heel.
you cant always love your scars but they are a part of you
a part of the trials in life you have faced and overcome
people respect the scars that hurt the most regardless of where they come from.

(except the scars on my butt I got for unknowingly sitting on a prickly pear for that they just call me a dumbass)
Original post by RazzzBerries
PRSOM. You deserve all the rep TSR has. :cube:

Aww thank you 😊❤️
By the way, I follow your gyg page, well done and keep up the good work 🙂
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BenjiInTheBox

Wow this is so hurtful... I’m generally stressed about this and here u r on my thread saying it’s all fake...

If you got nothing helpful to say don’t bother posting plz

Awww thank you and yhhh I’ll deffos take this advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending