The Student Room Group

Scots Law applicants for 2019 entry?

Hi, i am applying for Scots Law at Edinburgh university, Glasgow university, Aberdeen university, Dundee university and Strathclyde university for 2019 entry.
Just making a thread for others doing the same because I've not seen one yet. Would be useful if people would leave their results, offers and other info.
Also if anyone has sat the LNAT, any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I’m applying to the exact same universities as as you and I’ve got a thread exactly like this! 😂 haven’t applied yet or sat my LNAT but hopefully soon 😬
Grades: 6As and 1B nat 5s
5As highers

Do you mind me asking your grades/offers?
I sent my application away about 2 weeks ago, only just received my first offer yesterday which was an unconditional for Dundee. Although I’m hoping to get an unconditional for Edinburgh or Glasgow as want to move away from home.
Got AAAAAA at National 5 and AAAAB at Higher with the B being maths. Predicted grades are AA at Advanced Higher and A at Higher this year. Got my LNAT booked for December but tried the practice test and did awful have no idea how to go about it, how are you preparing I’ve literally only done the one practice lol.
Original post by rahmaferguson
I sent my application away about 2 weeks ago, only just received my first offer yesterday which was an unconditional for Dundee. Although I’m hoping to get an unconditional for Edinburgh or Glasgow as want to move away from home.
Got AAAAAA at National 5 and AAAAB at Higher with the B being maths. Predicted grades are AA at Advanced Higher and A at Higher this year. Got my LNAT booked for December but tried the practice test and did awful have no idea how to go about it, how are you preparing I’ve literally only done the one practice lol.

Congrats on your offer! I’d have to move away from home wherever I go but my top choices are Glasgow and Edinburgh too. I’m taking 2 advanced highers this year (Biology predicted B and English predicted A/B) and a crash higher in chemistry (predicted A/B).
I’ve only done one practice too and I did awful as well so hoping it goes okay 😬 I’ve heard you’re supposed to keep up with news but it’s kind of hard to prepare for really.
Original post by scottishst25
Congrats on your offer! I’d have to move away from home wherever I go but my top choices are Glasgow and Edinburgh too. I’m taking 2 advanced highers this year (Biology predicted B and English predicted A/B) and a crash higher in chemistry (predicted A/B).
I’ve only done one practice too and I did awful as well so hoping it goes okay 😬 I’ve heard you’re supposed to keep up with news but it’s kind of hard to prepare for really.

Yeah I’m sitting mines in a weeks time and I think I’m just going to wing it and hope for the best, says on the LNAT website just to read news so will have a go at doing that, goodluck also.
Reply 5
Hiya,

Anyone else got any updates on the offer front?

I’ve applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Stirling and Dundee yesterday and have an unconditional for Stirling at the moment. Higher results were AAAAA (a year of hard work!😂)

Is there a group chat for people looking to study law in Scotland? Might be a nice idea if not :smile:

Best of luck everyone!
Hi, I'm a Scottish student applying for Scots law at Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and Glasgow Caledonian as well as Scots and English law at Strathclyde. I submitted my application in October and sat my LNAT in December. I have so far received unconditionals for both Glasgow Caledonian and Stirling. My first choice is Strathclyde which I'm hoping for a conditional from as I got AAABB my B's being in maths and chemistry (English is more my thing!). I'm taking advanced highers in biology and English this year as well as crash highers in History and Psychology.
Original post by emma_catherinex
Hi, I'm a Scottish student applying for Scots law at Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling and Glasgow Caledonian as well as Scots and English law at Strathclyde. I submitted my application in October and sat my LNAT in December. I have so far received unconditionals for both Glasgow Caledonian and Stirling. My first choice is Strathclyde which I'm hoping for a conditional from as I got AAABB my B's being in maths and chemistry (English is more my thing!). I'm taking advanced highers in biology and English this year as well as crash highers in History and Psychology.

Hi, congrats on your offers!! I can add you to the law applicants group chat if you want - what’s your name on Facebook?
Reply 8
I have applied to Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian and Strathclyde and still nothing back. Strathclyde is my number 1 choice. No LNAT results yet either. Good luck everyone with their applications.
Reply 9
Has anyone had their offers for Glasgow, Strathclyde or Caledonian for the LLB? I applied on the 12th of December and sat my LNAT on the 16th of January. I have not heard from any of the universities yet. I know the universities have until March to make offers, meaning I still potentially have a long wait ahead of me, however I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t becoming frustrated waiting. Lol. I am really desperate to know my options either way, whether that is an offer or rejection.
Original post by S-Jac-23
Has anyone had their offers for Glasgow, Strathclyde or Caledonian for the LLB? I applied on the 12th of December and sat my LNAT on the 16th of January. I have not heard from any of the universities yet. I know the universities have until March to make offers, meaning I still potentially have a long wait ahead of me, however I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t becoming frustrated waiting. Lol. I am really desperate to know my options either way, whether that is an offer or rejection.

Hi I applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen on 7th December, sat my LNAT on 15th December and have heard back from all but Strathclyde. I’m so impatient as well but they’re probably just slow unfortunately, good luck!
Hello, I only applied to Glasgow Caledonian (LLB) and Starthclyde (LLB With Spanish) as its not realistic for me to move away from home! I currently have an unconditional offer for Glasgow Caledonian and still anxiously waiting on strathclydes reply :frown: Hoping to maybe get a conditional for strathclyde as I got AAABB in my highers but seems there is sooooo many amazing people applying! Has anyone else applied for a joint course with a language or something else?
Good luck to everyone still waiting, hoping strathclyde is soon!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
(Original post by megans1809)Hello, I only applied to Glasgow Caledonian (LLB) and Starthclyde (LLB With Spanish) as its not realistic for me to move away from home! I currently have an unconditional offer for Glasgow Caledonian and still anxiously waiting on strathclydes reply :frown: Hoping to maybe get a conditional for strathclyde as I got AAABB in my highers but seems there is sooooo many amazing people applying! Has anyone else applied for a joint course with a language or something else?
Well done on your offer from Caledonian. I have applied there also but nothing back. I have applied to Glasgow for Scots law with social policy and just Scots law at Strathclyde. Good luck with your offers.
Original post by megans1809
Hello, I only applied to Glasgow Caledonian (LLB) and Starthclyde (LLB With Spanish) as its not realistic for me to move away from home! I currently have an unconditional offer for Glasgow Caledonian and still anxiously waiting on strathclydes reply :frown: Hoping to maybe get a conditional for strathclyde as I got AAABB in my highers but seems there is sooooo many amazing people applying! Has anyone else applied for a joint course with a language or something else?

I am also applying for Scots Law with Spanish, but at Glasgow, as well as Law with Spanish Law at Aberdeen, the rest being straight law. I also applied to Strathclyde for Law and Spanish but only the BA as my back up option. Although I achieved all As at Nat 5, I didn’t do amazingly in my highers, therefore I knew I wouldn’t receive any unconditionals. However I have received 4 conditional offers so far for Aberdeen, Glasgow (x2), Glasgow Caledonian and still waiting for Strathclyde!
Original post by scottishst25
Hi I applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen on 7th December, sat my LNAT on 15th December and have heard back from all but Strathclyde. I’m so impatient as well but they’re probably just slow unfortunately, good luck!

When did u hear back from glasgow uni for the LLB? Can I ask if you got in?
Original post by holliwalker

Hi! I heard back from Glasgow on Wednesday evening and received a conditional offer! It seems that many who sat their LNAT early and achieved all As at higher heard back before the end of last year, and they are beginning to give out more offers now as I know others who have received decisions and some have been placed on a gathering field which is like a waiting list for the LLB until they’ve given out offers to everyone else!
Original post by tammismith
Hi! I heard back from Glasgow on Wednesday evening and received a conditional offer! It seems that many who sat their LNAT early and achieved all As at higher heard back before the end of last year, and they are beginning to give out more offers now as I know others who have received decisions and some have been placed on a gathering field which is like a waiting list for the LLB until they’ve given out offers to everyone else!

well done on ur offer!! I sat my LNAT on 19th Dec and achieved all A’s and still waiting :frown: not sure what to expect, quite worried as not been put on gathering field. anyway congrats again x
well done on ur offer!! I sat my LNAT on 19th Dec and achieved all A’s and still waiting :frown: not sure what to expect, quite worried as not been put on gathering field. anyway congrats again x

Thank you!! I have one for Scots Law and one for Scots Law with Spanish, but I’ll probably go for the Spanish one! And oh that’s strange, but I know some people have received rejections so I’d take it as a good thing that you’re not on the gathering field nor have you been rejected! Just stay positive, as I’m sure you’ll get it!

I got an unconditional offer on the 17th January
Hi, I applied to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Strathclyde.
I’ve heard back from all except Strathclyde.
Sat my LNAT on the 3rd of January

Latest

Trending

Trending