The Student Room Group

Students and Labour voters are to blame for brexit.

If they had voted for the libdems as they did in the 2010 elections we wouldn't have this problem today.

Their petulant behaviour has doomed us all and let the idiot conservatives run riot. If The libdems had been there they could have restricted the excesses of the conservative party.

Scroll to see replies

Aye nice try :tongue:
Why would any young person vote for the lying libdems?

This is a joke right?
is that right buddy?
To some extent I agree. Labour are a Brexit party, headed by a Brexiteer. If you are voting for Labour, then you are voting for the UK to leave the EU. You can't simultaneously vote Labour and complain about Brexit, because you are helping enable it by ensuring more Brexit MPs, elected on a Brexit manifesto, are in parliament.
Why would anyone in their right minds vote for the Lib Dems?
The OP sounds triggered.
Original post by Decahedron

They were dumb enough to vote for corbyn
Original post by Smack
To some extent I agree. Labour are a Brexit party, headed by a Brexiteer. If you are voting for Labour, then you are voting for the UK to leave the EU. You can't simultaneously vote Labour and complain about Brexit, because you are helping enable it by ensuring more Brexit MPs, elected on a Brexit manifesto, are in parliament.

The OP is talking about the 2015 election so voting for Milliband
(edited 5 years ago)

Facebook gave him a thumbs up - now he's in charge of apologising for them selling your information to Russian troll farmers.
Original post by paul514

Voting for Cameron and May is being proven to be more stupid with the benefits of hindsight.
Original post by Smack

OK then, any facts to back this wild accusation up?
Original post by paul514

With the option of Maybot or Comrade Coybichov, it isn't an easy choice, they are both ****.
With the option of Maybot or Comrade Coybichov, it isn't an easy choice, they are both ****.

There are plenty of reason to dislike corbyn but making up BS about Russia and the IRA really is not necessary as the press do.

I know you're comment was not literally meant by the way and I agree they are both poor ones just more poor than the other
Original post by TheStupidMoon
If they had voted for the libdems as they did in the 2010 elections we wouldn't have this problem today.

Their petulant behaviour has doomed us all and let the idiot conservatives run riot. If The libdems had been there they could have restricted the excesses of the conservative party.

As I understand it the LDs were also offering a referendum, so this is a non-issue. Even if they hadn't, I very much doubt the Tories' commitment would have been dropped from a renewed coalition manifesto.

But lurking behind this OP is the persistent Remainer historical delusion which tries to blame the whole thing on Cameron petulantly trying to control his backbenchers and all that. That is a very myopic reading of recent history, which I doubt any historian of the more distant future will fall for.

The fact is that the public doubts about the EU, and pressure for a substantive referendum, had been building for many years - for at least 20 years in fact, seeing there was even a "Referendum Party" in the 1990s. Sooner or later the matter was bound to come to a head one way or the other, and it's a bit unfair to blame Cameron for effectively being the one left standing when the music stopped.

Meanwhile, for a better historical perspective, consider the following, surprising list among the real architects of Brexit: Tony Blair, John Major, George Soros, and whoever was chairman of the Bundesbank on 16 September 1992. Oh, and "frank"ly, we have a solid candidate for the *first* "Brexiter" in terms of EU history: Charles de Gaulle. By blocking our entry when our government actually wanted to join, he consigned us to joining as it were under semi-duress a decade later, which inevitably rendered us half-hearted from the start. He maintained that UK political culture at that time was incompatible with the EEC's political goals - and boy has he been proved right.
Original post by Burton Bridge
There are plenty of reason to dislike corbyn but making up BS about Russia and the IRA really is not necessary as the press do.

I know you're comment was not literally meant by the way and I agree they are both poor ones just more poor than the other

Yea corbyn
Original post by paul514
Yea corbyn

Dunno about that, at least he has not brought the country to its knees, increasing national borrowing while clobbering the poor at the same time
Original post by Burton Bridge
Dunno about that, at least he has not brought the country to its knees, increasing national borrowing while clobbering the poor at the same time

Increased national borrowing lol that’s solely due to the downturn and would have happened whoever was in power.

He wants to increase borrowing loads to invest in all sorts of things which you know.

I’d never vote labour they haven’t been for the average person since Blair became leader and are now infested with people like Chuka Amuna
You're upset because people have opinions. You can't get upset over Brexit. Brexit is people giving their opinion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending