The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

hi i'm in year 12 and want to do econ at lse , i just realised there was a test. is this test before applying to lse or after ? thx
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Presence
hi i'm in year 12 and want to do econ at lse , i just realised there was a test. is this test before applying to lse or after ? thx

This is a test for applicants who study these qualifications. It's usually held arround early March. As LSE states in their website:
"Only the most competitive students with these qualifications are invited to sit the assessment. Applicants cannot request to sit the assessment. Invitations will be sent from January." You can read more here!
Original post by PanosTSI
This is a test for applicants who study these qualifications. It's usually held arround early March. As LSE states in their website:
"Only the most competitive students with these qualifications are invited to sit the assessment. Applicants cannot request to sit the assessment. Invitations will be sent from January." You can read more here!

ooohhh , so i study A levels so i dont need to...phew
Reply 4
Just checked the admissions calendar, it says that ugaa invitations are due to start at early February. It will be a somewhat long wait!
I’ve heard that a lot of people have been rejected yesterday. I’m hoping that they have rejected everyone they do not intend to invite to sit the UGAA, bc the invitations could start arriving today. Good luck everyone!
Reply 6
Original post by worryingtoomuch
I’ve heard that a lot of people have been rejected yesterday. I’m hoping that they have rejected everyone they do not intend to invite to sit the UGAA, bc the invitations could start arriving today. Good luck everyone!

This is really encouraging (for those left) but perhaps there will be more rejections today :frown:
Original post by PanosTSI
This is really encouraging (for those left) but perhaps there will be more rejections today :frown:

Well afaik two years ago the invites were sent out on the 3rd so there really isnt much time left. Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 8
Just got my invitation to the UGAA!
(edited 5 years ago)
I still haven't received anything... I'm starting to get worried, I'm not sure if they are sending out the invites in waves. Is there anyone who hasn't heard back either?
Reply 10
Original post by worryingtoomuch
I still haven't received anything... I'm starting to get worried, I'm not sure if they are sending out the invites in waves. Is there anyone who hasn't heard back either?

I haven't either and I don't think most people have
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Yeah I have. Just got an invitation today
I got an invitation yesterday! A bit nervous about the math section! How are you thinking to prepare for the exam? Other than solving past years' examination questions? Also does anyone know/have the solutions to past years' UGAA exams?
Reply 13
Original post by parwanahaydar96
I got an invitation yesterday! A bit nervous about the math section! How are you thinking to prepare for the exam? Other than solving past years' examination questions? Also does anyone know/have the solutions to past years' UGAA exams?

I don't think the solutions are anywhere online. Well, the maths syllabus has confused me a bit but I will follow the A-Level Maths online resources to learn some things I haven't met yet (e.g vectors or sequences/series). I believe the past papers are a good way to see what they're usually asking but the questions are a bit different from year to year.
Hi there, I am also taking the UGAA on March 5. I am very worried about the maths part because there are a lot of topics that I have not studied at school, like integrals and derivatives. I am trying to study them by myself but I have a lot of things going on right now and the clock is ticking ...Where do you think I could get the best practice ?
Reply 15
Hey I got a friend who was invited to UGAA but he is doing a level, and he applied to management. Is there a change of rule or something why does a level students need to do this exam?
Reply 16
are there results from previous tests anywhere online? or does anyone know what sort of answers and lengths they're looking for in the essay section? 2B?
anyone receive an invite today? I'm still waiting and it's getting frustrating, though a lot of my friends still haven't heard back
Hi! Anyone here sitting the UGAA exam having applied for actuarial science?
What do you think the topics for b2 will be about

Latest

Trending

Trending