The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Arts and Sciences 2019 entry

Has anyone received an offer for UCL Arts and Sciences yet?

Scroll to see replies

I've read they gave out some offers. Did you get one?
(I'm working on my questionnaire rn)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Im working on the questionnaire too, what are you guys answering ? im kind of stuck 😅
The only question Im satisfied with for now is the "surprising thing" bit. Wby?
Has anyone received an offer recently? Any international students?
Original post by Echohee123
Has anyone received an offer recently? Any international students?

I've applied on the 14th of January (Societies pathway), so pretty late and no still got no answer. Wby? When did you apply?
Btw I've learned from a friend that there is an admission test coming up on the 22nd of February, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give out offers before late February...
I applied the same time as you, have you been invited to do the admission test yet? I haven’t heard anything after I uploaded my questionnaire on the 23rd jan, bit worried :frown: ( I’m applying for sciences and engineering btw

Original post by jasmineapplicant
I've applied on the 14th of January (Societies pathway), so pretty late and no still got no answer. Wby? When did you apply?
Btw I've learned from a friend that there is an admission test coming up on the 22nd of February, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give out offers before late February...
(edited 5 years ago)
I applied the same time as you, have you been invited to do the admission test yet? I haven’t heard anything after I uploaded my questionnaire on the 23rd jan, bit worried :frown: ( I’m applying for sciences and engineering btw

Nope, the test is only for people who don't have a mix of both sciences and arts.
Don't worry, we'll get our reply eventually!! Let's just hope it'll be an offer... Where else have you applied?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by jasmineapplicant
Nope, the test is only for people who don't have a mix of both sciences and arts.
Don't worry, we'll get our reply eventually!! Let's just hope it'll be an offer... Where else have you applied?

Okay fingers crossed then haha, please let me know if you hear anything, Thanks!!
I’ve got an offer from management sciences at UCL but I much prefer the Basc course...so hopefully there will be an offer..
Reply 9
Hey guys,

I also applied for the BASc and sent my application on the 14th. I uploaded the questionnaire a couple of weeks ago and have not heard anything since. I am taking an Access Course but also have a Maths A Level which I completed a couple of years ago so unsure if I will have to take the test!

Fingers crossed that everyone gets an offer :smile:. As they say no news is good news !
Reply 10
Original post by minmaxe
Hey guys,

I also applied for the BASc and sent my application on the 14th. I uploaded the questionnaire a couple of weeks ago and have not heard anything since. I am taking an Access Course but also have a Maths A Level which I completed a couple of years ago so unsure if I will have to take the test!

Fingers crossed that everyone gets an offer :smile:. As they say no news is good news !

Hi! I've applied for BASc and I'm also taking an Access course!! What subjects are you doing? Good luck in your application (and good luck to everyone else here!)

I'm doing the Sciences test, but I'm just taking higher mathematics (statistics), sociology, history and english lit as my Access subjects and although I emailed UCL a couple of years ago, and more recently visited their admissions office, to check these subjects were sufficient so I wouldn't have to take the Sciences test, they changed their mind and are making me do it lol. I'm very bitter 🙃 But I'm sure a full A level in maths would be fine and I suspect you won't have to do it, especially if you're studying a science subject in the Access course!
Reply 11
Original post by meli-b
Hi! I've applied for BASc and I'm also taking an Access course!! What subjects are you doing? Good luck in your application (and good luck to everyone else here!)

I'm doing the Sciences test, but I'm just taking higher mathematics (statistics), sociology, history and english lit as my Access subjects and although I emailed UCL a couple of years ago, and more recently visited their admissions office, to check these subjects were sufficient so I wouldn't have to take the Sciences test, they changed their mind and are making me do it lol. I'm very bitter 🙃 But I'm sure a full A level in maths would be fine and I suspect you won't have to do it, especially if you're studying a science subject in the Access course!

Oh hey nice to see a fellow Access Course student :smile:! I'm doing English literature and psychology for my course and put down my preferred major as cultures...how have you been finding it? I have found it really fun but also quite intense! The assessments have been super challenging!

Best of luck with your sciences test and to everyone else who is taking it! I haven't heard anything about it so hopefully that means my A Level is enough to mean I don't have to take it!
Reply 12
Original post by minmaxe
Oh hey nice to see a fellow Access Course student :smile:! I'm doing English literature and psychology for my course and put down my preferred major as cultures...how have you been finding it? I have found it really fun but also quite intense! The assessments have been super challenging!

Best of luck with your sciences test and to everyone else who is taking it! I haven't heard anything about it so hopefully that means my A Level is enough to mean I don't have to take it!

I put down cultures for my major too!! It’s so nice to meet another Access student 💗 I’m doing the course part time as I’ve been out of education for so long I wanted to ease into it, but it’s still quite full on! But it’s a lot of fun and I’m really enjoying the more independent essays where you can create more of a university style academic article by choosing what you want to write about. What subjects did you want to study under the cultures major in BASc?

Thank you so much I need all the luck I can get haha! I sent off my questionnaire on the 16th of Dec and they emailed me to say I needed to take the sciences test just over a month later - but I suspect you won’t need to do the test!
Reply 13
Original post by meli-b
I put down cultures for my major too!! It’s so nice to meet another Access student 💗 I’m doing the course part time as I’ve been out of education for so long I wanted to ease into it, but it’s still quite full on! But it’s a lot of fun and I’m really enjoying the more independent essays where you can create more of a university style academic article by choosing what you want to write about. What subjects did you want to study under the cultures major in BASc?

Thank you so much I need all the luck I can get haha! I sent off my questionnaire on the 16th of Dec and they emailed me to say I needed to take the sciences test just over a month later - but I suspect you won’t need to do the test!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your course as well! I have been out of education since 16 so about 4-5 years now and it is nice to start studying again! I was hoping to study creative writing as well as english literature and art histroy. The course as a whole looks really interesting!

Best of luck with the maths test! I am sure it will be okay :smile: !
God UCL can be so slow 😭
Has anyone heard anything yet?? :frown:
Reply 16

Still nothing for me! I'm only waiting on UCL and Warwick for offers now! Here's hoping it won't be too long. As they say no news is good news so here's hoping everyone gets offers :smile: !

Nope!
Hope we will get it soon! btw which one did you all apply for? Y000 arts and sciences or Y001 w/ study abroad ones?
Reply 19
Hope we will get it soon! btw which one did you all apply for? Y000 arts and sciences or Y001 w/ study abroad ones?

I applied for the study abroad option :smile: How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending