The Student Room Group

Manufacturers jobs are leaving the Uk

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
Ha! That is hilarious. That is a full on ROTFLMAO!!! You are a proponent for the destruction of the EU and their regressive laws that strangle us, yet you cite a company that isn't sticking to EUs very own flight compensation rules as being thieving.

So which is it? The EU and their laws that protect us as EU citizens or Ryanair who don't want follow those laws like you because you want out of the EU?

So we wouldn't have those very same laws. And I'm not a proponent for the destruction of the EU at all but please feel free to find a quote to prove otherwise.
No, because the people voted to leave and they should have know the consequences when they voted to leave.
Reply 42
Original post by ColinDent
But they do not include financial services in any other trade deals and that is actually detrimental to what is our strongest sector.

What do you then expect to see in "trade" deals the UK will enter into with the R of W post Brexit re financial services?
Dyson and Sony both left today. It's becoming an exodus.

I wonder just how bad things have to get for hardcore Brexiteers to realise they are bonkers. Major famines? End of civilised life? Deserted cities?
All the more reason to make the distinction between ownership and control and then limit foreign ownership. Foreign firms have much lower links to the community. We should also have a state backed automation fund in order to make British business as competitive as possible.

Also Jaguar are increasing production in the UK. The job losses are in their operations and largely blamed on China.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

I wonder just how bad things have to get for hardcore Brexiteers to realise they are bonkers. Major famines? End of civilised life? Deserted cities?

Dyson are moving their HQ, current production will remain.
Original post by Rakas21
Dyson are moving their HQ, current production will remain.

For how long I wonder. Their HQ move to Singapore sounds like the first step in total removal. What a fantastic patriot that man is. We should really listen to him and the other billionaires as they plead with us to do a hard crash out of the EU. After all, as we can tell, they have our best interests at heart and not their own money grubbing massive greed.
For how long I wonder. Their HQ move to Singapore sounds like the first step in total removal. What a fantastic patriot that man is. We should really listen to him and the other billionaires as they plead with us to do a hard crash out of the EU. After all, as we can tell, they have our best interests at heart and not their own money grubbing massive greed.

While I question if he was the reason anybody voted to Leave it’s not likely for a while, at least so long as current lines remain profitable.

It is a bad act though.
Original post by Rakas21
While I question if he was the reason anybody voted to Leave it’s not likely for a while, at least so long as current lines remain profitable.

It is a bad act though.

If it was just billionaires spouting in abstract. Unfortunately, the offshored billionaire class control much of our politics, not least via secretive global institutions like Davos, but also by enriching politicians and selecting politicians who share their class interests, like our current prime minister, married to a hedge fund magnate.
If it was just billionaires spouting in abstract. Unfortunately, the offshored billionaire class control much of our politics, not least via secretive global institutions like Davos, but also by enriching politicians and selecting politicians who share their class interests, like our current prime minister, married to a hedge fund magnate.

Do you have evidence that her husband has any political views which influenced the Leave vote substantially.

Unfortunately, this is a very London left way of thinking. There were many valid reasons to leave.
'Will there be any manufacturers jobs in the U.K. after Brexit', dear god what a stupid question. Of course there wil be manufacturing jobs, just not as many. But at the same time, there will be a great deal number of jobs opened up to Britons, reducing unemployment and ending the culture where people see jobs as below them so would rather stay jobless.
Reply 51
Original post by Rakas21
Do you have evidence that her husband has any political views which influenced the Leave vote substantially.

Unfortunately, this is a very London left way of thinking. There were many valid reasons to leave.

Hedge Fund magnate. I thought he was merely a relationship manager with Capital International, more mutual funds and slightly conservative in outlook-do not think he is on the investment side.

As an aside anyone else think he looks like Calvin's Dad?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 52
Slightly off topic but Ivan Rogers speech on 22nd is worth a read or watch.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/european-institute/news/2019/jan/sir-ivan-rogers-brexit-lecture-text-and-video
Original post by karl pilkington
Because of the rise of India and China

Israeli directed rise of India and China. They stole a lot of the tech from Anglo/US and infiltrated our entire infrastructure/culture. Most of our politicians are nothing more than Mossad spies.

How do you jump from Sony shifting a tiny office to major famines? Do you eat televisions?
Original post by jameswhughes
How do you jump from Sony shifting a tiny office to major famines? Do you eat televisions?

If a whole series of major companies leave the UK, which they will - ranging from car manufacture, to Airbus to large service companies in the IT and other industries - we will be facing mass unemployment on a scale not seen since the 30s and yes, there will be large feral packs of people foraging and stealing for food and not even the wise statements of William Rees-Mogg uttered in a sharp suit will have the least effect.
If a whole series of major companies leave the UK, which they will - ranging from car manufacture, to Airbus to large service companies in the IT and other industries - we will be facing mass unemployment on a scale not seen since the 30s and yes, there will be large feral packs of people foraging and stealing for food and not even the wise statements of William Rees-Mogg uttered in a sharp suit will have the least effect.

There's still no evidence of this happening. In the three years since the referendum there hasn't been any mass closure of businesses or relocation of jobs, so far all we have seen is a few small things like Sony/Panasonic moving a few staff around. The car industry might be going through some difficulty at the moment, though largely because of changing habits not Brexit - if big diesel cars are bad for the environment, we can hardly complain that Range Rover sales are down, in fact surely this is a good thing.

I don't know what this has to do with William Rees-Mogg, he died in 2012.
Original post by jameswhughes
There's still no evidence of this happening. In the three years since the referendum there hasn't been any mass closure of businesses or relocation of jobs, so far all we have seen is a few small things like Sony/Panasonic moving a few staff around. The car industry might be going through some difficulty at the moment, though largely because of changing habits not Brexit - if big diesel cars are bad for the environment, we can hardly complain that Range Rover sales are down, in fact surely this is a good thing.

I don't know what this has to do with William Rees-Mogg, he died in 2012.

Lol, I confused my William Cash with my Jacob Rees-Mogg. Not to worry though, they are just the many faces of the same nonsense.

I don't know how many times I've had to remind brexifantasists that we haven't actually left yet and industry has been waiting to see what will happen. Each day that we move closer to a hard crash out, the noises of panic from manufacturers and other large companies will grow more and more intense and their preparations to quit the UK, more and more serious.

The Midlands and the North, which voted Brexit, will be particularly hard hit and it is their blue and white collar workforces who will be laid off. The service sectors that previously supported them will be wiped out.
Same week as Japan and Eu sign a deal for free trade, if Nissan was still making the product in the U.K. after we left the EU without a deal, they will be able to export the products into EU without any tariffs now they moved to japan.
FYI this was for a new experimental model not the Juke or Quasqai(or however that is spelled)

There is zero jobs moving just not new ones created here

Quick Reply

Latest