The Student Room Group

medicine advice

1) I want to study medicine and am thinking of applying to cambridge, UCL, Imperial and Edinburgh. Am i aiming too high and should i apply to some lower ranking uni's? Or does it not matter because they all have similar percentages of applicants getting offers?

2) I am doing lots of sciency extracurriclars eg reading, lectures, essay competions, nuffield project and an epq. I also have sufficient volenteering and work experience. However i have no extracurricular activities eg sports or music. I've heard that cambridge don't care but that its very important for Imperial. Does it matter that i have no extracurriculars?

Thanks!
Original post by anoymous77
1) I want to study medicine and am thinking of applying to cambridge, UCL, Imperial and Edinburgh. Am i aiming too high and should i apply to some lower ranking uni's? Or does it not matter because they all have similar percentages of applicants getting offers?

2) I am doing lots of sciency extracurriclars eg reading, lectures, essay competions, nuffield project and an epq. I also have sufficient volenteering and work experience. However i have no extracurricular activities eg sports or music. I've heard that cambridge don't care but that its very important for Imperial. Does it matter that i have no extracurriculars?

Thanks!

If you have an academic extracurricular that still counts e.g. helping those struggling with science, or join a random sports club in school/somewhere lol.
Cambridge is the 'least competitive' but it is bloody difficult considering the applicants applying - is a good goal, if you like the uni and teaching style :smile:. Maybe wise to have a couple of safer options, as potentially all these offers may be above A*AA (unless you smash your Imperial interview), so maybe one of UCL/imperial or drop edin (no interview, look at their selectors handbook on edin uni website - a points based system which would inform you) - just my opinion, but in the end the best judge of how you can do in a levels, interviews etc. is you. just consider the fact that an offer anywhere in the country is the goal, so would advise at least one safer,AAA course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending