The Student Room Group

Struggling to make a CV

Hello everyone.
So I'm currently 16 and I live in Scotland (UK).
I'm trying to make a CV to get a part time job but i'm struggling with it.
I have a template and I completed about 30%-40% of it.
At the Education section, the template has a few instructions and it tells me to put my grades from my exams, but here comes the problem. In Scotland starting with S4 we have like 2 exams/subject. 1 exam(which is called PRELIM) before christmas and the final exam in may. The thing is that i have done my prelims before christmas and i have received the grades for it but as far as i know the prelim results are not the final grades. The final grades are the ones that you get in the May exam. Anyway back to the main cause. The template example asks for "Predicted results" but how am I mean to know my predicted results so i can put the in the CV?
Thanks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
up
Reply 2
up
Original post by Catalinmnd
Hello everyone.
At the Education section, the template has a few instructions and it tells me to put my grades from my exams, but here comes the problem. In Scotland starting with S4 we have like 2 exams/subject. 1 exam(which is called PRELIM) before christmas and the final exam in may. The thing is that i have done my prelims before christmas and i have received the grades for it but as far as i know the prelim results are not the final grades. The final grades are the ones that you get in the May exam. Anyway back to the main cause. The template example asks for "Predicted results" but how am I mean to know my predicted results so i can put the in the CV?
Thanks.

Hey! Great to see you are planning ahead! You should get your predicted grades from your teacher/ school so maybe ask them?
Sophia :smile:
Original post by Catalinmnd
Hello everyone.
Thanks.

That is correct- prelim results don't count towards your final grades. Your teachers may have perhaps discussed target grades with you? If not, you can ask them what your predicted grades would be. If your school doesn't do predicted/target grades in S4, your prelim results, although not necessarily indicative of actual results, would be the next closest thing if you want to include grades of some sort.

If you need any help/want to discuss any of your subjects, there's lots of other people doing Nat 5s over in the Scottish Qualifications forum :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by hallamstudents
Hey! Great to see you are planning ahead! You should get your predicted grades from your teacher/ school so maybe ask them?
Sophia :smile:

Thanks. I'll ask them in the next days
Reply 6
Original post by Labrador99
That is correct- prelim results don't count towards your final grades. Your teachers may have perhaps discussed target grades with you? If not, you can ask them what your predicted grades would be. If your school doesn't do predicted/target grades in S4, your prelim results, although not necessarily indicative of actual results, would be the next closest thing if you want to include grades of some sort.

If you need any help/want to discuss any of your subjects, there's lots of other people doing Nat 5s over in the Scottish Qualifications forum :smile:

Thanks for the advice. I'll go and ask my teachers in the next days.

Quick Reply

Latest