The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2019 Firm Choice Offer Holders

Thought I might start this thread for everyone who’s put Uni of Leeds as their firm choice for September 2019.
Look at it as a way to introduce yourself, get to know your future course-mates, or just chat to other people who’ll be joining the uni this year! ALSO (!!!) why not include some of the socs or clubs you’re thinking of joining so you can find people with similar interests!
Guess I should start;
Name: Bri
Nationality: South African
Course: Languages, Cultures, and International Relations
Socs/Clubs: boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are total musts, and anything French/Arabic related. Stuff to do with snow and extreme sports. Oh and art too. xD

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hey, I also firmed leeds!
Reply 3
Original post by Cutefashion1
Hey, I also firmed leeds!

Awesome!!! For what course?
Original post by BriggZoo
Awesome!!! For what course?

I’m doing social science foundation year, for personal reasons 💓💓💓💓!!
Reply 5
I’m doing social science foundation year, for personal reasons 💓💓💓💓!!

That sounds great!! I’m from South Africa and I’ve never even VISITED the UK so it’s going to be one major adjustment! 🙈 have you been to Leeds before?
That sounds great!! I’m from South Africa and I’ve never even VISITED the UK so it’s going to be one major adjustment! 🙈 have you been to Leeds before?

I went once!!! It’s pretty cold up there! I live in London, so it’s warmer down here then up there! And are you exicted to come here for uni!! Also did you apply for accommodation? Xx
Hey I've put leeds as my firm too!
I also live super close to leeds as well and have visited loads so feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Name: Imogen
Course: Architectural Engineering
Reply 8
I went once!!! It’s pretty cold up there! I live in London, so it’s warmer down here then up there! And are you exicted to come here for uni!! Also did you apply for accommodation? Xx

I’m SUPER excited. Studying in England has been my dream for pretty much forever! 😄
I applied to Central Village, but also added in the comments I’d be happy with James Baillie.
What made you choose Leeds?
Reply 9
Original post by imogenb18
Hey I've put leeds as my firm too!
I also live super close to leeds as well and have visited loads so feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Name: Imogen
Course: Architectural Engineering

Hey!!! That’s so cool! The only thing that’s worrying me is the weather! 🙈😄 like how cold is ‘cold’ because here in SA we freeze when temperatures fall below 10 degrees 😂
Hey!!! That’s so cool! The only thing that’s worrying me is the weather! 🙈😄 like how cold is ‘cold’ because here in SA we freeze when temperatures fall below 10 degrees 😂

The weather is honestly not too bad, you get used to it 😂 Its been pretty cold recently and some snow too but it is winter atm, in summer it can get to as hot as 28 degrees sometimes!! I wouldn't say the weather is anything to worry about 😄
Thought I might start this thread for everyone who’s put Uni of Leeds as their firm choice for September 2019.
Look at it as a way to introduce yourself, get to know your future course-mates, or just chat to other people who’ll be joining the uni this year! ALSO (!!!) why not include some of the socs or clubs you’re thinking of joining so you can find people with similar interests!
Guess I should start;
Name: Bri
Nationality: South African
Course: Languages, Cultures, and International Relations
Socs/Clubs: boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are total musts, and anything French/Arabic related. Stuff to do with snow and extreme sports. Oh and art too. xD

I also firmed leeds! im excited to go
I’m SUPER excited. Studying in England has been my dream for pretty much forever! 😄
I applied to Central Village, but also added in the comments I’d be happy with James Baillie.
What made you choose Leeds?

It’s a pretty cool uni, always recommend by young people! My bestfriends brother goes and he loves it!!! Night life is pretty good if you’re interested as well!
Reply 13
Original post by imogenb18
The weather is honestly not too bad, you get used to it 😂 Its been pretty cold recently and some snow too but it is winter atm, in summer it can get to as hot as 28 degrees sometimes!! I wouldn't say the weather is anything to worry about 😄

Okay great!! Good to know I won’t need to go into hibernation! 😄 Have you chosen accommodation yet?
Reply 14
It’s a pretty cool uni, always recommend by young people! My bestfriends brother goes and he loves it!!! Night life is pretty good if you’re interested as well!

I LOVE music although I haven’t had much chance to get out there and enjoy it, so I’m sure I’ll have fun!
Reply 15
Original post by aselva4crisp9
I also firmed leeds! im excited to go

Yay!!! What course will you be studying?
(Original post by BriggZoo)Yay!!! What course will you be studying?
Neurosciencee :smile::smile: (i promise im not a nerd hahhaha)
Reply 17
Original post by aselva4crisp9
(Original post by BriggZoo)Yay!!! What course will you be studying?
Neurosciencee :smile::smile: (i promise im not a nerd hahhaha)

No nerd calling from me! Neuroscience is super interesting!!!
Okay great!! Good to know I won’t need to go into hibernation! 😄 Have you chosen accommodation yet?

Not yet! Going to choose after I've been to the accommodation open day, but I like the look of central village and leodis!
I'm also firming Leeds :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest