The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by www_
Degree holders, do you think it is worth emailing HKU MED admissions to ask about it? I have heard from previous students that degree holders usually had direct entry to year 2 unless their degree was completely unrelated in the previous curriculum. So I suppose it would make sense if degree holders could skip enrichment year?

I do think it is a good idea to ask about it. It should clarify whether it is just a rumour that we can skip the enrichment year!
Enrichment year is year 3 right? I believe we still go into year 1, but we just don't do year 3 if we are allowed to skip the enrichment year.
Reply 82
Original post by fantastic1234
Enrichment year is year 3 right? I believe weRi still go into year 1, but we just don't do year 3 if we are allowed to skip the enrichment year.

Right, I agree with you. OMG, I forgot to congratulate all of you first. BIG CONGRATULATIONS, future classmates.
Congratulations to you all!! May I know if any of you are currently a final year student? or What degree have you guys got in previous years?
Reply 84
Original post by finger_crossed
Congratulations to you all!! May I know if any of you are currently a final year student? or What degree have you guys got in previous years?

Yea final year biomed in UK, you?
Original post by www_
Yea final year biomed in UK, you?

Biomed in local uni. Yours is unconditional offer?
Reply 86
Original post by finger_crossed
Biomed in local uni. Yours is unconditional offer?

Its conditional, do you happen to know any degree holders doing medicine in HK? If so, did they manage to skip a year?
Original post by www_
Its conditional, do you happen to know any degree holders doing medicine in HK? If so, did they manage to skip a year?

May I know what is the condition required? Though we might not have the same grading scale.
Yep, heard that most can skip.
Reply 88
Congrats to all my fellow degree holder friends!! Are y'all from HK or not?
Does anyone know about the chance getting in HKU/CU medicine from a canadian high school? What's the minimum high school average mark required?
Reply 90
I am degree holder doing MPhil but still not receiving any interview offer......sad
Reply 91
My daughter received an email said the 1st round application review was finished. Her application is still in consideration and will be reviewed together with other applicants when their final grades are released.
Original post by Ringsz

yup!
What are my chances of getting into HKU medicine if I did not receive a conditional offer?
Reply 94
Original post by Ringsz

Yes, I’m a local degree holder and I did my undergrad in HK as well.
Original post by Ringsz

from Canada! =)
Hi, just wondering if anyone recieved an interview offer from CUHK yet? The website says the offers for the April interview should be sent out in February...
Reply 97
Original post by pHoeniX20
Hi, just wondering if anyone recieved an interview offer from CUHK yet? The website says the offers for the April interview should be sent out in February...

As a degree holder, I received an email on 25 Feb 2019 from CUHK telling us that shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on 19 June or 24 July 2019.
Congratz on your offer!! Do you mind telling me your stat? I'm in my 4th year and still haven't heard back from any of them...
Original post by jet_lag
As a degree holder, I received an email on 25 Feb 2019 from CUHK telling us that shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on 19 June or 24 July 2019.
Reply 99
Original post by in.med.we.trust
Congratz on your offer!! Do you mind telling me your stat? I'm in my 4th year and still haven't heard back from any of them...

I hope you will get your interview offer soon! I got my undergrad in CUHK in 2017 (not in science/biomedical background) with first class honour (cumulative GPA = 3.7/4.0) and I am now pursuing a research master in my field (and not directly related to biomedical). I already got a firm offer from HKU.

Latest

Trending

Trending