The Student Room Group

Becoming a flight attendant - in need if car

Hello, I am a 18 year old student in Wales. I am currently in my last year of school have have applied for university for nursing. At the beginning of the year i thought University was the best option untill I realised I wanted a break from studying for a few years. I will be applying to become a flight attendant in the middle of november, base will be somewhere near airports like Gatwich / Heathrow in London. i will be needing a car that is reliable and will get me from home to London etc when I have free time to travel home. Something that is good on motorways and long distance traveling. I am not worried about cost as long as it is not ridiculous, and insurance is fine too.
mant thanks x
(edited 5 years ago)
Thomas Cook, Flybmi and EasyJet all recruit cabin crew for the Bristol area, so your travel requirements might be simpler than you anticipated.
Car? If you're Heathrow-based you only need to take the train and change at Paddington, while for Gatwick you take the same train but change at Reading instead. The tax and insurance costs can rack up very quickly for a car you're only going to drive once a week just to get home
Reply 3
If you don't care about it other than driving. Get a toyota, they'll last for ages and good runners. Also cheap to run.
Reply 4
I'd take the train advice above...why run a car when airports pretty much all have train/tubes running to them?
Reply 5
Advice from ex-cabin crew management:-

You will be expected to live near any airport you work from and not be a long distance commuter.
This is normally written into your contract and may have a specific maximum distance stated in your T&C’s.
Failure to comply often results in dismissal for breach of contract.
Reply 6
Original post by Tupmole
Advice from ex-cabin crew management:-

You will be expected to live near any airport you work from and not be a long distance commuter.
This is normally written into your contract and may have a specific maximum distance stated in your T&C’s.
Failure to comply often results in dismissal for breach of contract.

hi, yes I will be living near where I am based. but still need a car that I'm willing to travel home in when I have the time. thank you
Reply 7
Original post by DrSocSciences
Thomas Cook, Flybmi and EasyJet all recruit cabin crew for the Bristol area, so your travel requirements might be simpler than you anticipated.

thank you! would like to work near the London area if I could :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by xDron3
If you don't care about it other than driving. Get a toyota, they'll last for ages and good runners. Also cheap to run.

thank you so much !!
Reply 9
Original post by Spanx
I'd take the train advice above...why run a car when airports pretty much all have train/tubes running to them?

I would rather be able to have a car as some times trains are unreliable, thank you for advice!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending