The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Do you reckon Aston will go back up in the league tables?

I know league tables aren’t everything but considering Aston used to consistently rank in the top 25, it’s a little worrying it’s dropped to 45 :/

Anyone reckon it will go back up for next year?
That’s my fear also, if it drops below 50 that’s just an embarrassment tbh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Literally. I’m hoping (at least) by the time I finish my degree it’s gone back up to something in the top 20/30’s.

Might drop out now lmao
Original post by dinodash99
Literally. I’m hoping (at least) by the time I finish my degree it’s gone back up to something in the top 20/30’s.

Might drop out now lmao

What do you study at Aston ? Im joining in September for business management
Original post by dinodash99
I know league tables aren’t everything but considering Aston used to consistently rank in the top 25, it’s a little worrying it’s dropped to 45 :/

Anyone reckon it will go back up for next year?

Why? It doesn't matter...

No one, apart from management at the uni, a few hack journalists and TSR look at league tables.
We are certainly trying our best to climb back up in the league tables. One of the major areas for improvement was our staff to student ratio. Over the last three years we have employed over 100 academic staff to help improve our student experience. This is finally paying off as we have improved our position in the rankings this year and can start an upward climb.

As mentioned above, league tables aren’t the be all and end all measure of a university, we have ranked consistently highly for student satisfaction and graduate outcomes in the National Student Survey, Teaching Excellence Framework and in LEO data, all of which may be just as important than an overall ranking. You’re likely to have a great time whilst you’re here and be set up for a great career when you leave.
Original post by okaythenz
What do you study at Aston ? Im joining in September for business management

I'll be studying Computer Science.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Why? It doesn't matter...

No one, apart from management at the uni, a few hack journalists and TSR look at league tables.

I do see your point but for some top employers, they do look at which university you attended. In the High Fliers report, many of the uni's targeted by some of them are in the top 35's.
Original post by Aston University
We are certainly trying our best to climb back up in the league tables. One of the major areas for improvement was our staff to student ratio. Over the last three years we have employed over 100 academic staff to help improve our student experience. This is finally paying off as we have improved our position in the rankings this year and can start an upward climb.

As mentioned above, league tables aren’t the be all and end all measure of a university, we have ranked consistently highly for student satisfaction and graduate outcomes in the National Student Survey, Teaching Excellence Framework and in LEO data, all of which may be just as important than an overall ranking. You’re likely to have a great time whilst you’re here and be set up for a great career when you leave.

I see, that's good to know!

Quick Reply

Latest