The Student Room Group

Karl Marx's memorial has been vandilised

Karl Marx's memorial has been vandalised! It looks like someone has had a go at it with a hammer. It's a Grade I-listed monument; this is no way to treat our heritage. @MarxLibrary @HeritageCrime We will repair as far as possible.

https://twitter.com/HighgateCemeter/status/1092712612683542529

:rip:

Scroll to see replies

Ukraine removed 1,320 lenin statues along with some of engels, marx

The hypocrisy of the EU for fighting far-right extremists yet they turn a blind eye to what is going on in Ukraine which almost sounds like Russian propaganda except its true. LOL
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Sicklening news
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
This is so sad! what is wrong with this country?? Is heartbreaking! ...find the culprit and go full Starling on their ass.
Looks like nothing of value was lost really since it was not an object of utility.

Also very funny how the vile communists in the comment section care about a bit of the grave of such a terrible man being destroyed but the lives of millions of people they manage to make excuses as to why they don't have to care
(edited 5 years ago)
Either add a Hitler statue next to it and keep it or remove it.
Heartbreaking :frown: I hope someone will fix it soon.
Original post by Jeanne12
This is so sad! what is wrong with this country?? Is heartbreaking! ...find the culprit and go full Starling on their ass.

You mean like the bird?

As for the OP: I’m not going to support criminal damage but I’m also not going to pretend that Marx deserves a memorial as though he’s a person to be celebrated.
I'm not one to support smashing things up for the sake of it but in the current climate where historical figures are being attacked for crimes in the past that were classed as relative normal at the time, it's perhaps rather fitting that a man who inspired an ideology that killed millions is also a target.

The amusing issue is that many who support the destruction of other historic relics and figures are going to be outraged at this showing the hypocrisy of the situation.
Original post by Libtardian
Either add a Hitler statue next to it and keep it or remove it.

Will that really help though?
It’s absolutely hilarious that there people who believe Marxism/Leninism was a good thing but would never in their dreams would want to live under it.
Original post by Beth xxx
Will that really help though?

It will provide balance.
It will provide balance.

Maybe...
hmmmm interesting. This hobby of destroying statues and monuments of political figures used to be isolated to ISIS, Alqaeda and marxist and communist groups. It seems now that people from the other end of the political spectrum are getting in on some statue destroying action too.

I'm not sure what to think of this.

The first thought that came to my mind was what goes around comes around but ...Idk.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by StBernards
It’s absolutely hilarious that there people who believe Marxism/Leninism was a good thing but would never in their dreams would want to live under it.

Going to add Kautsky and Bernstein to that list?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Karl Marx's memorial has been vandalised! It looks like someone has had a go at it with a hammer. It's a Grade I-listed monument; this is no way to treat our heritage. @MarxLibrary @HeritageCrime We will repair as far as possible.

https://twitter.com/HighgateCemeter/status/1092712612683542529

:rip:

Probably vandalised by some of our ignorant darling Brexiters or edl members.
Original post by Ambitious1999
Probably vandalised by some of our ignorant darling Brexiters or edl members.

So 52% of the country are suspects?
So 52% of the country are suspects?

Well the far right tend to support brexit.

I doubt they are remainers
Reply 18
Marx would have voted to leave
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well the far right tend to support brexit.

I doubt they are remainers

The EU was the Nazis post war idea for Europe...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending