The Student Room Group

JP Morgan 2019 Apprenticeship - Reserve offer

I have received a reserve offer for the JP Morgan apprenticeship. I am hearing mixed opinions about the number of reserve candidates that make it or not. Can anybody who's previously applied to JP Morgan or received a reserve offer shed some light and talk more? I feel worried about all of this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sanjaybabu
I have received a reserve offer for the JP Morgan apprenticeship. I am hearing mixed opinions about the number of reserve candidates that make it or not. Can anybody who's previously applied to JP Morgan or received a reserve offer shed some light and talk more? I feel worried about all of this

Moved to Apprenticeships and alternatives to university
Reply 2
!!
oh wow, have you done the interview (if so, please help with the questions) and the assessment centre? what happened at the assessment centre or are you not allowed to say?
Original post by jesszespider
oh wow, have you done the interview (if so, please help with the questions) and the assessment centre? what happened at the assessment centre or are you not allowed to say?

Jess you applied this year?
Original post by David96__
Jess you applied this year?

Yes, done the interview and through to assessment centre 15th jan.
Jess, is this for the financial services apprenticeship? I am attending the assessment centre on January 15th at 9am at canary wharf. I just wondered if anyone wanted to meet up and attend together? we can talk over WhatsApp if that's more convenient my number is 07774495354.

Original post by jesszespider
Yes, done the interview and through to assessment centre 15th jan.
Does anyone fancy meeting up on the 16th of January in London to discuss the JP Morgan financial services apprenticeship?

I understand that many of you might of already completed your assessment day at this point but I gather it would be great to discuss and reflect lool.

Currently have 3 people interested, let me know if you can.

I work at Nando’s so I can get us 40% off food if that helps 😂😂
I’ve just got the news that I’ve passed the assessment centre in Bournemouth, anyone else the same? I’ve just booked the insight evening for the 3rd of March
Original post by Harriskpeters
I’ve just got the news that I’ve passed the assessment centre in Bournemouth, anyone else the same? I’ve just booked the insight evening for the 3rd of March

What is the assessment centre like?, I have mine in London soon
Original post by superdan97
What is the assessment centre like?, I have mine in London soon

I'm still in the race so can't give too much away, however, the key is to be nice company, easy to talk to but efficient in the tasks.
Realistically, the whole point of the insight evening and controlled assessment centres are to find out who will fit best into their culture. Conversation is Key.
Good luck to all however because If you're anything like I was, you're all probably very keen but very nervous!
Original post by Harriskpeters
I'm still in the race so can't give too much away, however, the key is to be nice company, easy to talk to but efficient in the tasks.
Realistically, the whole point of the insight evening and controlled assessment centres are to find out who will fit best into their culture. Conversation is Key.
Good luck to all however because If you're anything like I was, you're all probably very keen but very nervous!

Cool :smile: thanks for that.
Reply 12
Congratulations on passing the assessment centre, what sort of questions were you asked and any tips on how I can prepare for it
Thank you
Original post by superdan97
Cool :smile: thanks for that.

I've just passed the assessment centre stage in Bournemouth but I don't mind giving you an insight on it, mainly because there isn't much you could do to prepare anyways! Mine consisted of two group exercises (prioritising things in case studies etc) and one Q&A session with current apprentices, so nothing you can really revise for. Active participation in these exercises is the key to stand out. And ask good questions. hope this helped!
Reply 14
Original post by student1602
I've just passed the assessment centre stage in Bournemouth but I don't mind giving you an insight on it, mainly because there isn't much you could do to prepare anyways! Mine consisted of two group exercises (prioritising things in case studies etc) and one Q&A session with current apprentices, so nothing you can really revise for. Active participation in these exercises is the key to stand out. And ask good questions. hope this helped!

Thank you for the info do you need to read up about the background and the company itself?
Original post by kumarku
Thank you for the info do you need to read up about the background and the company itself?

i mean not explicitly, but it never hurts to know about where your applying. plus someone might ask you something out of the blue and itll be a problem if ur not prepared
Reply 16
Original post by student1602
i mean not explicitly, but it never hurts to know about where your applying. plus someone might ask you something out of the blue and itll be a problem if ur not prepared

Okay great thank you , how many in each group and how long roughly does each part take. Did you find you felt more confident in certain parts?
they split each group up evenly so it really depends on how many people there are at ur assessment centre. and time wise, its split into 3 even parts. so around 20/30 mins each
Reply 18
Thank you so much and good luck with the next stage
Reply 19
I've the assessment on feb 27th bournemouth. Anyone else? I'd also like to discuss few things with someone who already did an assessment day or final stages to get ready for it!Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending