The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

2019 Cambridge PhD in Education

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard anything back yet? The Mphil in Edu + Psychology applicants have been hearing back and getting offers. So looks like there's finally movement from the Education Fac.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by serendeepity
Has anyone heard anything back yet? The Mphil in Edu + Psychology applicants have been hearing back and getting offers. So looks like there's finally movement from the Education Fac.

I received a conditional offer for the MPhil Educational Research Jan 16. I also applied to the PhD programme though, and haven't heard anything on that application yet. Interviewed Jan 7.

I've been looking for a thread about this topic today. I know the deadline is 29th February. I have submitted my application to a bunch of other Univeristies, but despite a bunch of research, I didn't even see that Cambridge offers BPS accredditation.

Do you guys think it's too late to even be considered seriously roughly 3 weeks or so before the deadline?!
Original post by aneducation
I've been looking for a thread about this topic today. I know the deadline is 29th February. I have submitted my application to a bunch of other Univeristies, but despite a bunch of research, I didn't even see that Cambridge offers BPS accredditation.

Do you guys think it's too late to even be considered seriously roughly 3 weeks or so before the deadline?!

Hey there! This thread is actually for the PhD in Education applicants, so not exactly about the Pyschology and Education course. Nonetheless, I don't think it's too late if you still intend to submit. It is too late though if you were hoping to get funding because the funding deadline was on the 5th of December 2018. All the best!
no news...again...
Original post by twinpower
no news...again...

No news has got to be good news right? *wishful thinking*
No news has got to be good news right? *wishful thinking*

There were two PhD Education offers posted to grad cafe today. So...good news?
Thanks for alerting us @s2nielse! Time to start refreshing the portal in a few more hours!
(edited 5 years ago)
Mine: Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office.
Original post by Ripon92
Mine: Awaiting approval by GAO - Awaiting approval by the Central Graduate Admissions Office.

Congratulations!! It's finally happening guys! Were you the one who posted on Grad Cafe? Trying to eliminate multiple submissions in my head and see how many actually received offers.

By the way, did yours skip the degree committee stage? And when did you hear back from them @Ripon92, if you don't mind my asking?
@serendeepity Thank you! No I have just checked the account and I guess they did it after office hours. I have skipped the degree committee.
Best of luck. Fingers crossed.
Original post by Ripon92
@serendeepity Thank you! No I have just checked the account and I guess they did it after office hours. I have skipped the degree committee.

Yay!! Our first offer holder for the PhD programme!! Are you British, by any chance?
@serendeepity haha no, I am not. I applied to the programme earlier but was offered an MPhil and declined-- who is gonna pay. So the same will happen this time if it comes with no funding.
Original post by Ripon92
@serendeepity haha no, I am not. I applied to the programme earlier but was offered an MPhil and declined-- who is gonna pay. So the same will happen this time if it comes with no funding.

Yeah I hear you. Funding is certainly a tricky subject. Where are you from @Ripon92?
Original post by Ripon92

And what's your profile like, if you don't mind sharing?
I am non-EU and non-US and do not have a background in 'Education'. I did my masters in development and public policy in a well-known-ish school in Europe and have first in both undergrad and grads. Other than that, worked shortly (a year) as a consultant with an education-related INGO.
Reply 56
Original post by serendeepity)

You have an amazing topic! I'm in awe! Jo is pretty well known and her research topics are great too. I considered her briefly along with Arathi.
Thanks that’s really kind. I had an interview mid Jan (which I over prepped for and felt went badly) and my status on the portal has just moved to ‘awaiting approval by central graduate admissions’. How are you getting on? :smile: Original post by serendeepity)

You have an amazing topic! I'm in awe! Jo is pretty well known and her research topics are great too. I considered her briefly along with Arathi.
Reply 57
Thanks that’s really kind. I had an interview mid Jan (which I over prepped for and felt went badly) and my status on the portal has just moved to ‘awaiting approval by central graduate admissions’. How are you getting on? :smile:
Original post by 9882
Thanks that’s really kind. I had an interview mid Jan (which I over prepped for and felt went badly) and my status on the portal has just moved to ‘awaiting approval by central graduate admissions’. How are you getting on? :smile:

Congratulations!! So happy to hear this!

Quick question: when you say "just moved" did you mean that literally? I ask because mine is still under department review and I wonder if the admissions team are working past midnight to update the portal or if I should just check back later during business hours. .
Original post by Ripon92
I am non-EU and non-US and do not have a background in 'Education'. I did my masters in development and public policy in a well-known-ish school in Europe and have first in both undergrad and grads. Other than that, worked shortly (a year) as a consultant with an education-related INGO.

Wow, great profile!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending