The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Media & Communications offer 2019

Hi everyone!

Has anyone received any offers of MA media and communications or relevant programmes?

Or does anyone apply for the double degree of Global Media and Communication with USC?
:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
I applied for media and communication (data and society) on nov 20th.
I still haven’t heard anything from them!
Did your transcript went down??
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by keks1208
Hi
I applied for media and communication (data and society) on nov 20th.
I still haven’t heard anything from them!
Did your transcript went down??

Not yet. XD
But my friend did! And she applied for strategic communication.
Reply 3
Original post by Earr
Not yet. XD
But my friend did! And she applied for strategic communication.

When did she apply??
Reply 4
Original post by keks1208
When did she apply??

In the early October.
Reply 5
Hi everyone! I applied to the LSE/USC program on November 15 and still haven’t heard back, is that normal?
I got accepted to the MSc in Media and Communications this weekend.
Congratulations Jennifer!! Can I bombard you with questions please :wink: ? What's your background? When did you apply? Was it your first choice?
Original post by sophiewilson27
Congratulations Jennifer!! Can I bombard you with questions please :wink: ? What's your background? When did you apply? Was it your first choice?

Of course!

Well I got my student ID at the end of November, but Media and Comm is my second choice. I was waitlisted for my first choice around Jan 10 and then my app was sent to the Media and Comm department (so still waiting to hear back from my first choice as it's in a different department!)

My background:
US Citizen
GPA: 3.88/4.00 at time of application, but since then it has raised to a 3.91/4.00
Experience: 3 years in the Entertainment industry in Los Angeles as an Associate Producer for TV and casting.
I returned to school in spring of 2017 to finish my BA in Communication Studies with a Minor in Theater Arts. I am in my final semester at my uni currently, so the offer is conditional upon my graduation and proof that I graduate with a 3.5 or better.

Hope this helps!
Reply 9
I got accepted to media and comm data and society! I applied in 20.Nov got my id in 22.I got my offer at 8.Jan.
Original post by Jenniferladybug
Of course!

Well I got my student ID at the end of November, but Media and Comm is my second choice. I was waitlisted for my first choice around Jan 10 and then my app was sent to the Media and Comm department (so still waiting to hear back from my first choice as it's in a different department!)

My background:
US Citizen
GPA: 3.88/4.00 at time of application, but since then it has raised to a 3.91/4.00
Experience: 3 years in the Entertainment industry in Los Angeles as an Associate Producer for TV and casting.
I returned to school in spring of 2017 to finish my BA in Communication Studies with a Minor in Theater Arts. I am in my final semester at my uni currently, so the offer is conditional upon my graduation and proof that I graduate with a 3.5 or better.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply! Fingers crossed I'll see you there (unless you get an offer for your first choice, which I hope happens!)
Original post by Jenniferladybug
I got accepted to the MSc in Media and Communications this weekend.

Congrats Jennifer! I also applied for Media and Comm as my second choice, but just recently so I haven't received my LSE ID yet. Let us know what happens in the end if you get an offer for your first choice as well, best of luck!
I’m in the same boat as you bulletrain, media and comm is second preference and I’ve only just had my application submitted (with references) on 5th Feb. When did you apply and what’s your first preference?
I’m in the same boat as you bulletrain, media and comm is second preference and I’ve only just had my application submitted (with references) on 5th Feb. When did you apply and what’s your first preference?

Nice! Good to see someone in the same position as well. Let's keep each other posted what happens! I hope good luck for both of us! I have applied on January 25th (with references) and my first preference is international political economy.
Original post by bulletrain
Nice! Good to see someone in the same position as well. Let's keep each other posted what happens! I hope good luck for both of us! I have applied on January 25th (with references) and my first preference is international political economy.

I have a friend that did International Political Economy last year and he loved it! He's now working in New York, it has served him well.
I have a friend that did International Political Economy last year and he loved it! He's now working in New York, it has served him well.

Ah that's great to hear! Yeah IPE is sooo exciting, I would love to study it. Fingers crossed :smile: Even though I would be happy with media and comm as well, I find it fascinating and have been working in media since I graduated.
I submitted my application in mid November to the media and com double degree and still haven’t heard. Keep us updated!
Reply 17
Hey guys! My transcript moved down! OMG, I AM EXCITED!
I wish it works this year!
Hey that’s great!! Does that mean you were given an offer??
Original post by Bender01
Hey that’s great!! Does that mean you were given an offer??

Or does it just mean the transcript was passed? When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending