Adnan_Deutsch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically i got an unconditional offer but I've heard lots of bad things about it since they give out so many unconditional offers. If anyone has experience of the Uni or knows someone who goes there it would be useful to answer this but be 100% honest. So what are the students like, well educated or not? What are the girls like? What are the lecturers like? Is the University professional and how does it compare to others like South Bank. What is Student life like? Thanks for any responses
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adnan_Deutsch)
Basically i got an unconditional offer but I've heard lots of bad things about it since they give out so many unconditional offers. If anyone has experience of the Uni or knows someone who goes there it would be useful to answer this but be 100% honest. So what are the students like, well educated or not? What are the girls like? What are the lecturers like? Is the University professional and how does it compare to others like South Bank. What is Student life like? Thanks for any responses
Moved to University of Roehampton
username4470074
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am currently in a lecture at the university and its awful, dont even bother coming here as youll hate it! if you do avoid southlands
Adnan_Deutsch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LondonGers)
I am currently in a lecture at the university and its awful, dont even bother coming here as youll hate it! if you do avoid southlands
thanks. What's so bad about it?
University of Roehampton (Official)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi LondonGers

We're so sorry to hear that you're not enjoying yourself at the moment. Please message us directly so that we can chat about how best to resolve any issues you may be having.

Have a great day!
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Adnan_Deutsch,

Congratulations for your unconditional offer!

We are ranked in the top 10 universities in London according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, ahead of London South Bank amongst others.

With regards to unconditional offers, we are determined that our admissions policies and practices are in the interests of students, with 95% of our applicants reporting that they were happy with their experience of applying to the University of Roehampton this year.

We are committed to supporting both prospective and current students, and we offer a wide range of initiatives and support schemes, including a scholarship programme for high achieving students.

Let us know if there's anything more we can help with!
username4470074
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks. What's so bad about it?
I believe that we have a excellent student union with a wonderful group of people running it however the societies here are poor in addition to awful course experiance, you may get a good lecturer but thats rare here! when looking at accomodation i'd suggest staying on frobel as its the best college on campus
Last edited by Puddles the Monkey; 1 year ago
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe that we have a excellent student union with a wonderful group of people running it however the societies here are poor in addition to awful course experiance, you may get a good lecturer but thats rare here! when looking at accomodation i'd suggest staying on frobel as its the best college on campus
It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your experiences with the Students' Union and Froebel!

Please get in touch with us directly so that we can discuss your concerns and resolve any issues.
Last edited by Puddles the Monkey; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (279)
15.35%
Uncertainty around my education (284)
15.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (180)
9.91%
Isolating with family (128)
7.04%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (83)
4.57%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (152)
8.37%
Loneliness (179)
9.85%
Financial worries (75)
4.13%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (167)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
7.21%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.75%

Watched Threads