The Student Room Group

Muslim parents seek removal of gay teacher

Scroll to see replies

"Seek removal of gay teacher" - this is pretty misleading. It suggests they want the teacher removed due to their sexual orientation, which of course would be wrong. From what I understood, they have a problem with the promotion of homosexuality to young kids at the primary school. "Mr Moffat's premise is that if you do not believe in homosexuality you must be homophobic". Lol how many of you don't believe in Islam? You Islamophobes.
Original post by 'ilm
"Seek removal of gay teacher" - this is pretty misleading. It suggests they want the teacher removed due to their sexual orientation, which of course would be wrong. From what I understood, they have a problem with the promotion of homosexuality to young kids at the primary school. "Mr Moffat's premise is that if you do not believe in homosexuality you must be homophobic". Lol how many of you don't believe in Islam? You Islamophobes.

How is he going to be able to stay if his entire teaching programme and authority has been undermined in this way?

So de facto they will be getting rid of him, which of course is their intention all along.
Some of the views expressed in this thread are very very worrying.

Sometimes the future scares me.
Original post by generallee
How is he going to be able to stay if his entire teaching programme and authority has been undermined in this way?

So de facto they will be getting rid of him, which of course is their intention all along.

He could easily drop the whole agenda and carry on teaching normal subjects for kids that age. I'm not sure how any parent is okay with their primary school-aged children being taught about these things. Children aren't sent to school to learn about sexuality, whether hetero/homo/whatever other new sexuality has been invented. I sure don't remember being taught about this in primary school, and if we had been, most of the Christian parents would have made the same comments as we're seeing in this case. This isn't really a Muslims vs non-Muslims issue, in my opinion.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Some of the views expressed in this thread are very very worrying.

Sometimes the future scares me.

I agree. This future of this country will be increasingly Muslim, until eventually it reaches a cultural tipping point, and to forecast what that will be like you only have to look at culturally Muslim countries elsewhere in the world.

It isn't going to be easy for gay people, teachers or otherwise.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Sorry - was I just labelled a bigot by someone who is so intolerant of those with different beliefs to themselves, that they'd be willing to go as far as to homeschool their children so they didn't have to integrate with the "non believers"? Couldn't make it up :rofl:

The point is, you're not ethnically English, and you refuse to fully integrate into the English culture, so you should move to a country that shares your ideals. I could be totally non-English in ethnicity, yet I'm fully integrated into British culture and I'm tolerant of anyone who is equally tolerant towards others. It has nothing to do with your race or religion - there have been posters here who claim to be white British and whinge that they hate our country and I've told them to f*** off somewhere else just as quickly as I did you.

I wouldn't mind as much with people saying to move somewhere else where my views are more popular, but when you frame it as "home country" that makes your statement extremely loaded if not outright racist/xenophobic. It presumes I am not from this country (when in fact I am - though even if I am not ethnically English, it makes little difference), and that because of this otherness, I am less entitled than you to have alternative view points or an alternative way of life to you or the rest of society which warrants me not living here. Since you have clarified yourself though, I will let this slip for now.

In any case, as a matter perspective, an outlier to social norm is either a person who is seen as 'ahead of the curve' or they are seen as completely deviant. What I mean to say is, for example, when society was against racial equality in the US, those who promoted racial equality would be considered as deviants and wrong to the majority, though retrospectively we would consider them 'ahead of the curve'. Thus I in turn am deviant to you and wider Western society since I believe in a different moral code, but to the religious, I am just ahead of the curve with respect to British society. As a 'deviant', I could go into self imposed exile to another country as a matter of self-preservation, or conversely I could stay and continue championing my cause and promoting change though you and others dislike it, but that is my decision to make.

Regarding 'integration', that is learning to live alongside one another within the laws of the land and societal context; you are talking about 'assimilation' where we drop our way of life to become more like the natives. We have already integrated by virtue of our social contract assumed through being legal residents/citizens of the UK, but this also facilitates us the right to appeal against laws or policies within the country which affect us; you have no right to effectively tell us to assimilate just because you do not like our views, just as I do not have a right to force you to be a Muslim in the UK nor in a Muslim majority country.
Crosses out 'removal' and replaces with 'approval'. Sure no-one will notice, hehe.
Reply 47
Ignore them at first. If they start acting crazy, immediately transfer them to another, more suitable school, that would accept such extreme beliefs as that.
Reply 48
They should discuss domentic violence in LGBT relationships as well as intolerance of LGBT to one another. We need to look at all sides.
Original post by 'ilm

The scheme in question teaches children about British laws more specifically the Equality Act 2010. The parents seem to have a problem with children being taught the law.
Original post by Decahedron
The scheme in question teaches children about British laws more specifically the Equality Act 2010. The parents seem to have a problem with children being taught the law.

Hmm, fair enough. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding, then.
Original post by 'ilm
Hmm, fair enough. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding, then.

There is no misunderstanding, they are focusing solely on the homosexuality aspect of the act because they are bigots.

The teacher they are trying to get sacked got an MBE for the No Outsiders scheme.
Original post by Nasir.
They should discuss domentic violence in LGBT relationships as well as intolerance of LGBT to one another. We need to look at all sides.

That would be fine as long as they are discussing the same about Islam and other religions. thats not really what the No Oustiders and Equality Act is about though. Do you support the Equality Act or are you against it and what it stahds for?
Just wait until muslims are 51% of voters...
makes you wonder doesn't it, why they move to the west if the place offends them so much?

just stay in pakiland ffs
Original post by goggleyed
makes you wonder doesn't it, why they move to the west if the place offends them so much?

Because the West has destabilized their region by bommbing it, toppling governments and supporting the spread of wahhabism.
Original post by Libtardian
Because the West has destabilized their region by bommbing it, toppling governments and supporting the spread of wahhabism.

When did we bomb Pakistan?
Original post by Libtardian

Most of the places in question were absolute hell holes before the intervention of western countries, let’s not pretend Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Libya were thriving beacons of equality and economic prosperity prior to western involvement.
Original post by goggleyed

Because western governments can actually look after their population and go a day without a terrorist group doing something. Plus, we have decent benefits.
Original post by Zamestaneh
I wouldn't mind as much with people saying to move somewhere else where my views are more popular, but when you frame it as "home country" that makes your statement extremely loaded if not outright racist/xenophobic. It presumes I am not from this country (when in fact I am - though even if I am not ethnically English, it makes little difference), and that because of this otherness, I am less entitled than you to have alternative view points or an alternative way of life to you or the rest of society which warrants me not living here. Since you have clarified yourself though, I will let this slip for now.

In any case, as a matter perspective, an outlier to social norm is either a person who is seen as 'ahead of the curve' or they are seen as completely deviant. What I mean to say is, for example, when society was against racial equality in the US, those who promoted racial equality would be considered as deviants and wrong to the majority, though retrospectively we would consider them 'ahead of the curve'. Thus I in turn am deviant to you and wider Western society since I believe in a different moral code, but to the religious, I am just ahead of the curve with respect to British society. As a 'deviant', I could go into self imposed exile to another country as a matter of self-preservation, or conversely I could stay and continue championing my cause and promoting change though you and others dislike it, but that is my decision to make.

Regarding 'integration', that is learning to live alongside one another within the laws of the land and societal context; you are talking about 'assimilation' where we drop our way of life to become more like the natives. We have already integrated by virtue of our social contract assumed through being legal residents/citizens of the UK, but this also facilitates us the right to appeal against laws or policies within the country which affect us; you have no right to effectively tell us to assimilate just because you do not like our views, just as I do not have a right to force you to be a Muslim in the UK nor in a Muslim majority country.

Here you have it, the future of the UK explained, this poster is "ahead of the curve." They admit that they will refuse to "assimilate" and they seek to change society into one in which their interpretation of divine wishes will become the law of the land, and school policy (and of course all others) will be directed by the likes of the parents in that video. The rest of us will become dhimmis.

When people like me, on the political right, point this out we are accused of racism and Islamophobia. But the mask has slipped and it is actually admitted that this is the intention.

A society in which different communities refuse to agree on fundamental matters of policy for the common weal is one of conflict and violence. And it starts in segretated schooling. Look at Northern Ireland. They have built walls to separate Catholics and Protestants there because they can't live peacefully together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending