The Student Room Group

Can insurance reverse cancellation due to missed payment ?

Missed car insurance last month, was informed they will re attempt on the 4 th Feb.
I have had the money in available for over 1 week and they have not made an attempt to take the money a second time but got a email today to it has been cancelled and cover will cease in about 10 days.

If I ring them tomorrow could they reverse the cancellation and take the missed payment ?

thanks
If they've stated they would reattempt on the 4th then the implication is they were happy to continue the contract if that was arranged. Then decided to change their mind with no warning, then yeah, well within rights to phone and demand 'WTF?' ...whether they will actually reverse it is another matter.

Not much use now, but i'm always hyper careful about not letting that DD bounce as I assume they wouldn't give me a second chance and the consequences are huge, even if they said they would reattempt i'd have likely called and paid by card to make sure and clarify my position.
Reply 2
Original post by Cleverboy1991
Missed car insurance last month, was informed they will re attempt on the 4 th Feb.
I have had the money in available for over 1 week and they have not made an attempt to take the money a second time but got a email today to it has been cancelled and cover will cease in about 10 days.

If I ring them tomorrow could they reverse the cancellation and take the missed payment ?

thanks

Well that wasn't very clever, was it?

Why don't you try asking them..?
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom

Why don't you try asking them..?

He's too busy fixing the brakes.

Edit; I just saw the other brake thread :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
He's too busy fixing the brakes.

Edit; I just saw the other brake thread :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bet it's the same "mechanic" who messed up his timing belt last year.
Reply 5
Yes,

It's not been cancelled yet. Just ring them and explain your situation that a second payment wasn't collected. They will most likely be co-operative because they're getting more money out of it if they do.
Reply 6
I work for an insurance company and I would say (without knowing who your insurer is) they will probably be fine with you continuing the insurance but they will almost certainly require you to pay the remaining balance in full as your credit line with their finance company would have been cancelled.

Short answer is just ring them and explain the situation. They don’t want to lose money and you really don’t want your insurance cancelled!
Reply 7
this happened to me you be fine I just paid the instalment on my card and the direct debit just continued the following month call them and they will sort it for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending