The Student Room Group

Business or Spanish? Help please!

I'm struggling on deciding whether to do Business or Spanish for my options . I want to get a job in law or accountancy and I know that business would help more, but many of my teachers say to go with the subject that I find more interesting which for me is Spanish. Someone please help me as I need to decide by the 14th of February.
picking either one of them is unlikely to close doors to you. if you like spanish more, then go for that :smile: you can still get an accounting job later on, a spanish gcse won't stop you.
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
picking either one of them is unlikely to close doors to you. if you like spanish more, then go for that :smile: you can still get an accounting job later on, a spanish gcse won't stop you.

Thanks for the help!😄
Reply 3
If you are more interested in Spanish I'd say do it. I did GCSE Spanish last year and am doing Business this year, after enjoying Spanish for 2 years I would definitely rather do Spanish all over again than business this year. As entertainmyfaith said, they most likely won't close any doors. After all doing a subject you enjoy 1 is more fun! and 2 you will most likely do even better in it!
tbh go for whatever you feel like. I did Spanish and I wouldn't say it was easy but it wasn't so much of a hard subject, you just gotta learn vocab that you can use in all the exams, I'd also think a language is great, in terms of jobs or applying to places, and most of all its pretty cool knowing another language lol. Just find out on both subjects like go through the specs and decide which one appeals to you more.
Business wouldn't necessarly help more. You don't need a business GCSE to do an A-level or degree in it nor do you need it to have a job in law or accountancy. Go with what you enjoy.

At GCSE level grades matter more than the subjects really.
Reply 6
Original post by Michae86l
If you are more interested in Spanish I'd say do it. I did GCSE Spanish last year and am doing Business this year, after enjoying Spanish for 2 years I would definitely rather do Spanish all over again than business this year. As entertainmyfaith said, they most likely won't close any doors. After all doing a subject you enjoy 1 is more fun! and 2 you will most likely do even better in it!

Thankyou!:smile: Btw what exactly do you do in business?
Reply 7
Original post by justarosexo
tbh go for whatever you feel like. I did Spanish and I wouldn't say it was easy but it wasn't so much of a hard subject, you just gotta learn vocab that you can use in all the exams, I'd also think a language is great, in terms of jobs or applying to places, and most of all its pretty cool knowing another language lol. Just find out on both subjects like go through the specs and decide which one appeals to you more.

This helps a lot thanks!:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by MinaBee
Business wouldn't necessarly help more. You don't need a business GCSE to do an A-level or degree in it nor do you need it to have a job in law or accountancy. Go with what you enjoy.

At GCSE level grades matter more than the subjects really.

True, true. Thanks for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest