The Student Room Group

All London police officers to carry spit Hoods

Scroll to see replies

I can't take these civil rights groups seriously sometimes. Man who tries to bite a police officer might have to wear a hood temporarily? In the rest of the world you'd be shot and that would be the end of it. :lol:
Original post by jameswhughes
I can't take these civil rights groups seriously sometimes. Man who tries to bite a police officer might have to wear a hood temporarily? In the rest of the world you'd be shot and that would be the end of it. :lol:

Agreed. I don’t understand that argument, so spitting and biting somebody is not degrading and undignified then?
*shrug* I;ve little concern with them being used for their stated purpose, if you don't want muzzled like an animal don't give people the need to treat you like one.
All police officers are to carry controversial spit hoods in London, months after Cressida **** suggested they would get “a good kicking” for using them.

She's done her best to represent her political body of opinion on such matters, it just became too much that her force completely disagrees with her perspective. She was never on their side on this one, she comes from the same stable of Independent writers and readers. They all went to the same schools, attend the same social events, graduated on something equally useless and know very little about life in the streets. It's called 'group thinking'.

It wiil drag on, she will see to that.
The Met doesn't police all of London, friend. Heard of the City?

British Transport Police, detectives in the Met, members of the NCA.
Original post by Notoriety
The Met doesn't police all of London, friend. Heard of the City?

British Transport Police, detectives in the Met, members of the NCA.

Don’t blame me. I just copied the headline
Original post by JohanGRK
I love how the British kick themselves into a fuss over the most trivial of things.

I love how you knock the British, yet go to such lengths to speak in an English accent. #roweroftruth
A must have accessory when patrolling Londonistan.
I hope there's little to no risk of suffocation, though that article does mention that spit hoods were used on some people who died in custody. I know that correlation does not equal causation, I must add.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I hope there's little to no risk of suffocation, though that article does mention that spit hoods were used on some people who died in custody. I know that correlation does not equal causation, I must add.

That’s a fair point.
Although not wishing to sound harsh, if you have a condition which you know that a spithood cause cause issues with, you really should have the sense to back down when threatened. I see it working like a taser. Don’t fire straight away. Threaten with it and if no compliance, then use.
If they are used only when appropriate I would have no isssue, but this the Met we are talking about.
Original post by zhog
She's done her best to represent her political body of opinion on such matters, it just became too much that her force completely disagrees with her perspective. She was never on their side on this one, she comes from the same stable of Independent writers and readers. They all went to the same schools, attend the same social events, graduated on something equally useless and know very little about life in the streets. It's called 'group thinking'.

It wiil drag on, she will see to that.

She will undoubtedly be a Common Purpose graduate.
This is excellent news.
Looks like a giant head condom.
Spit hoods? You can't mace someone wearing a spit hood.

Just use duct tape. Leaves the eyes and nose nice and exposed. And it's cheap. Gotta think budgetarily.
Reply 16
Simple if you don’t want to have to wear a spit hood don’t spit, small idea but then everyone wins
spit hoods, or forced sterilisations ?? :rolleyes:
Original post by Dandaman1
Spit hoods? You can't mace someone wearing a spit hood.

Just use duct tape. Leaves the eyes and nose nice and exposed. And it's cheap. Gotta think budgetarily.

They’re already equipped with batons, anyone who spits can be taken to the Rodney King suite back at the station
Are they just to be used in certain circumstances i.e the person has been spotting at them? In that case I support it and they shouldnt spit. Serves them right.

If every arrested person gets one put over their head , then no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending