The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography topics-can I pick different ones?

I'm making revision notes for geography and I wanted to change topics that i'm not liking. In Unit 1- Section B the living world, instead of cold environments can i just revise the hot deserts instead?
My teacher is not good and even though i pay attention, i am still struggling with the topic and would rather choose an easier one.
Also, can i change from river + glacial landscapes to coastal + glacial landscapes (Unit 1 section C)? Im not asking for advice, but if all topics are in the same book and schools dont get handed specific ones to the ones they are revising. Thanks!
hypothetically you could as in the exam you're given all the sections and then are meant to answer the ones the school's taught you. problem is you really won't be able to ask for help from the teachers if you don't get those topics. are you finding the living world hard?:confused:
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hypothetically you could as in the exam you're given all the sections and then are meant to answer the ones the school's taught you. problem is you really won't be able to ask for help from the teachers if you don't get those topics. are you finding the living world hard?:confused:

Im struggling with the rivers topic and i did coasts earlier on in year 9 with a much better teacher so i am better at it, even if it was 2 years ago. My teacher really just gives us powerpoints to summarise and I think that if I barely know anything in a hard topic, i might aswell teach myself an easier one yanno? Theres also less material in deserts and cold enviroments has two sub sections so yeah. Might just pick whatever. Have you done sat the GCSE? could i have some tips it was one of my worst mock results :frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by pupplepopp
Im struggling with the rivers topic and i did coasts earlier on in year 9 with a much better teacher so i am better at it, even if it was 2 years ago. My teacher really just gives us powerpoints to summarise and I think that if I barely know anything in a hard topic, i might aswell teach myself an easier one yanno? Theres also less material in deserts and cold enviroments has two sub sections so yeah. Might just pick whatever. Have you done sat the GCSE? could i have some tips it was one of my worst mock results :frown:

yeah, i've done the gcse (i got a 9) but was with wjec so my advice won't be tailored as much to aqa.
if you find it easier then go for it, just bear in mind when teachers give you mocks and all that (i don't know if you'll be given another set from now, probably not) and they only give you the section that they teach you in school then obviously you're gonna be in a bit of a pickle.
i just did lots of practice questions and used pictures to help me learn processes:smile: human geography i found easier and was mainly common sense to me. but yeah, the best thing is practice questions imo:yes:

Quick Reply

Latest