The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2019

Hey I applied in the middle of October to do Adult Nursing at University for September 2019. Has anyone else? And has anyone got any interviews coming up?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by juju1199
Hey I applied in the middle of October to do Adult Nursing at University for September 2019. Has anyone else? And has anyone got any interviews coming up?:smile:

Hey! I've also applied for Adult nursing for September 2019! What universities have you applied to? I've got my first interview tomorrow and then a few more coming up 😊
Reply 2
Original post by Hoopereve
Hey! I've also applied for Adult nursing for September 2019! What universities have you applied to? I've got my first interview tomorrow and then a few more coming up 😊

Heyy Ive applied to London South Bank, City University of London, Kings College london, UWE and Oxford Brooks. I've had interviews for LSBU, city and kings. Was so happy because i didnt have to do the english or maths tests for any of them. Got an interview for uwe next week but still havnt heard anything drom oxford brooks. Hope your interview went well :smile: where have you applied to? xx
Reply 3
Heyy, I’ve also applied all for Scotland uni’s though. I’ve got 2 interviews in January not heard back from the others yet. Good luck :smile:
Hi I have a interview for Uwe jan just wondering how the interview is and what type of questions to except ? Thanks x
Reply 5
Original post by Chxrliee714
Hi I have a interview for Uwe jan just wondering how the interview is and what type of questions to except ? Thanks x

Heyy my UWE interview was my favourite one. The tutors where so lovely. You have a group exercise where you work together to desrcibe a scenario basically but its easy to bounce off of other peoples ideas so thats good. Just be confident but also listern to other people :smile: Then there was a one to one which was super short, about 6 minuites max. Again just bring any experience you have into it. Cant remeber the questions but it was so chill and relaxed xx
Thank you so much ! That’s put me at ease a little ! Have a lovely Christmas x
Hi, I had my UWE interview in November and was offered a place the following day. The group interview was a discussion based on a picture showing a service user and their care needs, and the individual interview was straight forward nursing questions about why you want to be a nurse and what the role of a student nurse is etc, make sure you know all about the 6 C's of Nursing and the key values of a nurse, including the NMC Code so that your answers are very evidence based (link to experience) and also it shows you have a clear understanding! Don't worry about it too much though, because if you truly have a passion for Nursing, you will ace it! Hope this was useful :smile:) x
Reply 8
Well done on your offer :smile: I had an offer from UWE as well. Have you had any others? xx
Well done on your offer :smile: I had an offer from UWE as well. Have you had any others? xx

Hi, thank you sweet! I had interviews from all of the other unis I applied to but I withdrew my application to make UWE my firm choice as I live in Bristol so if I got in I would always have gone there! Where are you thinking about going?x :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Liz.A
Hi, thank you sweet! I had interviews from all of the other unis I applied to but I withdrew my application to make UWE my firm choice as I live in Bristol so if I got in I would always have gone there! Where are you thinking about going?x :smile:

Well done thats so exciting! I had offers from UWE, London South Bank University, Kings College London and City University of London. Also had an interview for Oxford Brooks but I withrew as I already had offers from my favourites. Ive firmed Kings and made City my insurance :smile: xx
Well done thats so exciting! I had offers from UWE, London South Bank University, Kings College London and City University of London. Also had an interview for Oxford Brooks but I withrew as I already had offers from my favourites. Ive firmed Kings and made City my insurance :smile: xx

Well done that’s really good xx
Reply 12
There is no maths and English text
Reply 13

How did you find the Kings, lsbu & city interviews?? I've applied to those, plus UWE & uol. What would you say was the hardest part of the interviews? Also random but how old are you all? (just trying to figure out if its going to be mainly mature students or not lol)
Reply 14
Original post by ekhhh
How did you find the Kings, lsbu & city interviews?? I've applied to those, plus UWE & uol. What would you say was the hardest part of the interviews? Also random but how old are you all? (just trying to figure out if its going to be mainly mature students or not lol)

I found both the CIty and LSBU so so chill. It was so relaxed and really friendly which was so nice and all the questions were quite easy. I felt kings were a lot more serious and i felt a bit like I was in an exam but again they didn't ask really hard questions, they are just the usual ones. As long as your show your caring and have the passion for this you'll be fine, i think thats all they look for. My interviews at City and UWE were group ones, they were really realxed. My ones at Kings and LBSU were multiple mini interviews, it was really short and simple to be honest, nothing to worry about :smile: Also im 19 :smile:
Reply 15
I found both the CIty and LSBU so so chill. It was so relaxed and really friendly which was so nice and all the questions were quite easy. I felt kings were a lot more serious and i felt a bit like I was in an exam but again they didn't ask really hard questions, they are just the usual ones. As long as your show your caring and have the passion for this you'll be fine, i think thats all they look for. My interviews at City and UWE were group ones, they were really realxed. My ones at Kings and LBSU were multiple mini interviews, it was really short and simple to be honest, nothing to worry about :smile: Also im 19 :smile:

Amazing, thank you!!
Reply 16
Hey thats amazing well done!! How long did kings take to get back to you after interview?? X

Reply 17
Original post by A20065
Hey thats amazing well done!! How long did kings take to get back to you after interview?? X

Heyy Kings took quite a while, it was about 4/5 weeks. it felt sooo long haha xx
has anyone had an interview for Uni of Birmigham? x
Reply 19
Heyy Kings took quite a while, it was about 4/5 weeks. it felt sooo long haha xx

Thank you!! Gives me hope! I've been waiting for 3 weeks and a bit! Soo long but they would've rejected people by now right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending