The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Does University of Birmingham takes time to reply

I applied to Uni of Manchester, Sheffield, Durham, Glasgow and Birmingham for accounting and finance on 15th of January. I have received an acknowledgement emails from all four except for Birmingham. (Once, I submitted my ucas app, I changed my uni choices and put Birmingham instead of Newcastle). Is it a matter of concern?
I can only speak from experience, but they gave me a conditional offer the day after I applied. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I vaguely remember hearing that they are one of the quicker unis to reply. There's outliers to everything though.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I got accepted in December if I remember correctly
I applied on the 8th of Jan and haven't heard back yet.
Reply 4
Depends on the department. With physics they were the first to give me an offer (only took a week) but they never sent an acknowledgement email.
They were actually the first uni to get back to me after a week and a half. I applied on January 2nd. :smile:

I wouldn't worry too much though. It took them over a week to send me the acknowledgement. Plus, they might still be looking through all the applications submitted during the last two weeks, considering that's when most people apply.
Reply 6
I actually applied to Birmingham on the 14th of October for neuroscience and I didn’t get an acknowledgement email and I’m still waiting for an answer actually
I applied on the 21st of December, got an offer on January 23rd.
Original post by Sinnoh
Depends on the department. With physics they were the first to give me an offer (only took a week) but they never sent an acknowledgement email.

Was this for the undergraduate course starting in autumn 2019? My son hasn't heard either way yet.
Reply 9
Original post by Stuart Hood
Was this for the undergraduate course starting in autumn 2019? My son hasn't heard either way yet.

Yes, for 2019 entry. It was for the 4 year course, I applied on the 10th of October.
Has anyone had an interview for nursing and heard anything yet?
Original post by Abbeylou19
Has anyone had an interview for nursing and heard anything yet?

Yea I had an interview about 3 weeks ago, but I got a reply the next day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending