The Student Room Group

Is it normal that I haven't received any offers yet?

Hi, I'm an Italian student and I sent my UCAS application in late October 2018, but I haven't received any offers to this day, is that normal?
I've applied for International Business to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Heriot Watt, Dundee and Aberdeen.
Hope it's normal lol
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! It's perfectly normal, scottish universities usually take a long time to reply and most offers are sent in March.
Btw I'm italian too :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Francesco8801
Hi! It's perfectly normal, scottish universities usually take a long time to reply and most offers are sent in March.
Btw I'm italian too :smile:

Thank you very much for the reply :smile:
Good to know I won't be the only italian student in the whole Scotland lol
Which uni are you going/have you gone to?

P.S. Should we talk italian? lol
Pensa te che io ho mandato l'application per l'imperial college il 14 ottobre e mi devono ancora rispondere, il problema sta nel fatto che se mi accettassero dovrei fare un'interview che si tiene entro febbraio 🙃

(mod note: please include English translations - thanks.)

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SickScacca
Thank you very much for the reply :smile:
Good to know I won't be the only italian student in the whole Scotland lol
Which uni are you going/have you gone to?

P.S. Should we talk italian? lol

I don't really know if we are allowed to talk italian in this forum haha :smile:

I applied for Medicine to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Bristol and King's College London.
I had my interviews at Glasgow and Aberdeen and still haven't heard back from any of them
Reply 5
Original post by Gabriel Rovati
Pensa te che io ho mandato l'application per l'imperial college il 14 ottobre e mi devono ancora rispondere, il problema sta nel fatto che se mi accettassero dovrei fare un'interview che si tiene entro febbraio 🙃

Azz, brutta situazione ahahha
Buona fortuna allora :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Francesco8801
I don't really know if we are allowed to talk italian in this forum haha :smile:

I applied for Medicine to Glasgow, Aberdeen, Bristol and King's College London.
I had my interviews at Glasgow and Aberdeen and still haven't heard back from any of them

Oh ok, that's great!
Well, I wish you good luck too then :smile:
Oh ok, that's great!
Well, I wish you good luck too then :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Reply 8
Original post by Gabriel Rovati

Ciao! Please include english translations. Grazie molto!
Reply 9
Original post by Doonesbury

Sure, sorry for that!
Won't happen again :smile:
Anyway, the translation for my message is: "What a bad situation! I wish you good luck then ahahah"
Ragazzi non siete gli unici... io ho mandato l'apèplication il 13 ottobre e so solo che fino ad ora mi hanno chiesto i voti del primo quadrimestre e il presunto voto finale...

infatti...io avevo mandato la domanda per fisica con musica ma non mi hanno acora fatto sapere nulla se non che hanno chiesto i voti del primo trimestre e la stima per il voto dell'esame
Non so se anche a voi avessero chiesto questi dati...
Reply 13
Uh..

Original post by Emanuele2000
Ragazzi non siete gli unici... io ho mandato l'apèplication il 13 ottobre e so solo che fino ad ora mi hanno chiesto i voti del primo quadrimestre e il presunto voto finale...

infatti...io avevo mandato la domanda per fisica con musica ma non mi hanno acora fatto sapere nulla se non che hanno chiesto i voti del primo trimestre e la stima per il voto dell'esame

Non so se anche a voi avessero chiesto questi dati...

^^^ Grazie... :iiam:
Reply 14
Hi lads, quick update: I've been rejected by Aberdeen and Strathclyde, still got three left (Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Dundee).
Should I worry?
Reply 15
Hi lads, quick update: I've been rejected by Aberdeen and Strathclyde, still got three left (Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Dundee).
Should I worry?

Did your referee provide predicted grades on your UCAS? If so, are they on target for the course entry requirements? Note that entry requirements for EU applicants are often quite high because of the free tution fee and cap on places.

Which course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Did your referee provide predicted grades on your UCAS? If so, are they on target for the course entry requirements? Note that entry requirements for EU applicants are often quite high because of the free tution fee and cap on places.

Which course have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I've applied for International Business Management.
Unfortunately my referee hasn't provided any predicted grade and I don't know why to be honest.
How much does it matter? Does this mean I have no possibilities left?
Reply 17
Hi, I've applied for International Business Management.
Unfortunately my referee hasn't provided any predicted grade and I don't know why to be honest.
How much does it matter? Does this mean I have no possibilities left?

This may be why you are getting rejections. Have you asked your universities about this? If not, do so urgently.
Reply 18
This may be why you are getting rejections. Have you asked your universities about this? If not, do so urgently.

I'll do it immediately, thanks for the advice!
Reply 19
I'll do it immediately, thanks for the advice!

Did you put that you have grades "pending" for your qualifications? If not your referee isn't prompted to provide predictions.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending