The Student Room Group

Brampton manor academy v ncs v lae

I am confused with so many different views about Brampton Manor Sixth Form, NCS AND LAE. I have following concerns

1) I don’t think at Brampton they invite everyone with grade 6.5 or above for interviews as they only take 300 students for year 12

2) Questions Brampton, NCS and LAE ask at interviews

3) Brampton when do they make offers. Anyone received unconditional offers

4) Pros and cons between all three - I can’t decide help.....
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I go to the school, year 11 for internal students it’s 6.5 and for external students it’s 7.0
Reply 3
Original post by aliuk100
I am confused with so many different views about Brampton Manor Sixth Form, NCS AND LAE. I have following concerns

1) I don’t think at Brampton they invite everyone with grade 6.5 or above for interviews as they only take 300 students for year 12

2) for LAE:

I don't know if much has changed since 2017, but iirc they ask why you want to take your selected four subjects, they'll ask for an example of when you have demonstrated one of their core values (could be any single one), and some other basic questions just to get to know you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by aliuk100

Ok hi, i'm in a very similar boat to you, they are my top 3. So, across my GCSE's my average is 7.7, and I just had my Brampton interview last week, and I'm pretty sure if your average is 7.0 you'll most likely get an interview.

2) NCS don't do interviews, or not that I know of. You need a really good personal statement, it took me forever to do mine. LAE- I haven't gotten an interview yet lol. But Brampton, they ask why have you chosen the subjects you have, your hobbies, what your future plans are, tbh I was sooooOOO nervous and it was so quick, like 15mins maxxx, it was completely fine :smile: and i'm pretty sure they mostly give conditional offers

I WANT TO KNOW WHEN BRAMPTON MAKE OFFERS TOOOO

4) Search around on TSR, there's people who've written the pros and cons. Did you go to any of the open days?
It all depends on you tbh, my choice in order is NCS, Brampton and then LAE. Brampton is quite far from me, whereas NCS is a bit closer. Brampton has an amazing study area too. It's all what works for you :smile:

hope this helped lol
what did Brampton ask in their interviews?
Original post by bxkhan
Ok hi, i'm in a very similar boat to you, they are my top 3. So, across my GCSE's my average is 7.7, and I just had my Brampton interview last week, and I'm pretty sure if your average is 7.0 you'll most likely get an interview.

2) NCS don't do interviews, or not that I know of. You need a really good personal statement, it took me forever to do mine. LAE- I haven't gotten an interview yet lol. But Brampton, they ask why have you chosen the subjects you have, your hobbies, what your future plans are, tbh I was sooooOOO nervous and it was so quick, like 15mins maxxx, it was completely fine :smile: and i'm pretty sure they mostly give conditional offers

I WANT TO KNOW WHEN BRAMPTON MAKE OFFERS TOOOO

4) Search around on TSR, there's people who've written the pros and cons. Did you go to any of the open days?
It all depends on you tbh, my choice in order is NCS, Brampton and then LAE. Brampton is quite far from me, whereas NCS is a bit closer. Brampton has an amazing study area too. It's all what works for you :smile:

hope this helped lol
Hi! So I was extremely nervous for no reason for my interview :smile: it was pretty calm tbh, be ready to explain why you chose each subject that you did, what your fave subject is rn, your hobbies, your future aspirations, why Brampton, etc :smile: trust me, you'll be alright. Smile lots!
which one u bruddahs going this saturday to lae at 9 styll
thanks for the quick and accurate reply man:smile:
Original post by bxkhan
Hi! So I was extremely nervous for no reason for my interview :smile: it was pretty calm tbh, be ready to explain why you chose each subject that you did, what your fave subject is rn, your hobbies, your future aspirations, why Brampton, etc :smile: trust me, you'll be alright. Smile lots!
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades as I haven't received an interview yet

Original post by bxkhan
Don't worry about not getting an interview yet, pretty sure its first come first serve. My friends who posted their before me, already done their interviews, and some of my friends who posted it like a few days after me still haven't got a reply. Maybe it's Cus of the news thing, that the applicant number may have increased significantly.

And my predicted grades-- 3 7's, 6 8's and an A* from last year :smile:
Original post by bxkhan
Don't worry about not getting an interview yet, pretty sure its first come first serve. My friends who posted their before me, already done their interviews, and some of my friends who posted it like a few days after me still haven't got a reply. Maybe it's Cus of the news thing, that the applicant number may have increased significantly.

And my predicted grades-- 3 7's, 6 8's and an A* from last year :smile:

LOL I have the exact same predicted grades
woaaaahhh freaky
Original post by lowkey2chapo
which one u bruddahs going this saturday to lae at 9 styll

i am
Original post by mixhelleee
I go to the school, year 11 for internal students it’s 6.5 and for external students it’s 7.0

hey is it possible to get an offer on results day without a conditional, or do you know anyone who has
Original post by kamisoto
hey is it possible to get an offer on results day without a conditional, or do you know anyone who has

It is possible but they always have a HUGE line on results day, and u usually would go after 1Pm. This is so that all the people who have the conditionals are given the offer, and if there is any left they’re given to the massssssive line of people that wait for literally hours. I would say if you’ve got very solid grades, like a GPA of at least 7.5-8 then it’s worth taking your chances, that go early and if they take too long, don’t miss out the chance on another sixth form.
Hope this helped :smile:
wait so loads of people try to get in without conditionals?
Original post by mixhelleeeH

@mixhelleeeH, what time do people who go to Brampton Manor secondary school get their results?
Reply 18
Original post by triplesci
@mixhelleeeH, what time do people who go to Brampton Manor secondary school get their results?

I know someone else that goes to the secondary school and recently they've been told to collect their results at 8am, so I assume enrolment for Brampton will also be at 8am.
Original post by Soloboi
I know someone else that goes to the secondary school and recently they've been told to collect their results at 8am, so I assume enrolment for Brampton will also be at 8am.

Yo Solomon it's Lennon:biggrin:hahaha, but yeah cheers, because I'm just trying to get there as early to reduce the disadvantage we're at relative to the internal students.

Quick Reply

Latest