The Student Room Group

Students studying Access to HE course with Stonebridge College

Hi, I'm currently studying a Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) Access course with Stonebridge College. Just thought I'd make this thread for others who are also with Stonebridge.

Currently on Unit 2 of my course and am hoping that things continue to run smoothly until I finish my course. I've had a bad experience with an incomplete Access course with West London College (who completely stopped marking my work with no reason or explanation) so I'm hoping that this provider is more reliable.

If you're studying with Stonebridge, feel free to comment anything below and let us know how your course is going. So that we can kinda create a little community here.

Also, if you've studied with Stonebridge in the past, I would also appreciate a comment from you on how you found it and what you're up to now.

Thanks and good luck to anyone doing the course!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hiya have you managed to do unit 2 yet ? its blagging my head and that doesnt take much lol
Original post by bloomer36
Hi, I'm currently studying a Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) Access course with Stonebridge College. Just thought I'd make this thread for others who are also with Stonebridge.

Currently on Unit 2 of my course and am hoping that things continue to run smoothly until I finish my course. I've had a bad experience with an incomplete Access course with West London College (who completely stopped marking my work with no reason or explanation) so I'm hoping that this provider is more reliable.

If you're studying with Stonebridge, feel free to comment anything below and let us know how your course is going. So that we can kinda create a little community here.

Also, if you've studied with Stonebridge in the past, I would also appreciate a comment from you on how you found it and what you're up to now.

Thanks and good luck to anyone doing the course!

Hello, I am currently studying Access course (Health professions) and stuck on this unit. Is your experience with Stonebridge college positive so far? I find them quite slow at responding which does not really help with their quite quite deadlines in my opinion (so far at least)
Original post by donz_8
hiya have you managed to do unit 2 yet ? its blagging my head and that doesnt take much lol

so does mine. I have sent a draft of my answers to my tutor and the feedback was not really that helpful either - still doesn't make much sense...?? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by loulousort1
so does mine. I have sent a draft of my answers to my tutor and the feedback was not really that helpful either - still doesn't make much sense...?? :smile:

how fast did they send feedback i still have Q4 to do and i want to send a draft but deadline is in 6 days
Original post by donz_8
how fast did they send feedback i still have Q4 to do and i want to send a draft but deadline is in 6 days

I submitted it on Friday and got feedback on Tuesday. I then asked another question and waited for 2 more days. I suppose it standard and it states within their welcome pack that they have 3-5 working days SLA, how I don't think it helps when students have only 3 weeks or so to complete a unit in all honesty.
Reply 6
3 weeks ? i have 15 days and that was upped from 11 days because one of the admin said i would get 42. i will just submit as normal then
Reply 7
I think it’s 48-72 hours for a response to a message and 3-5 days to mark a submitted unit. I’m sure that’s what I read anyway so you can hassle after three days.
I only started yesterday but feel that it’s going well only on unit 1 but the course at a brick college is a year but they only let you do it in 6 months am trying to get through the ungraded units quickly will manage this in 5 days but I feel 10 days I have been given for the other units isn’t long if tutors are taking a while to get back to you xxx
Reply 9
5 days for the ungraded units would be very hard if you’re not working on them flat out, you might want to allow a little longer. Yeah I’m starting to get worried about completing each unit within the 10 days as you can’t submit a draft while your waiting for the previous one to be marked but the timer starts for the next one as soon as you submit it :-/
Original post by Poppy678
5 days for the ungraded units would be very hard if you’re not working on them flat out, you might want to allow a little longer. Yeah I’m starting to get worried about completing each unit within the 10 days as you can’t submit a draft while your waiting for the previous one to be marked but the timer starts for the next one as soon as you submit it :-/

It would only allow 10 days and wouldn’t let me extend it as ideally would like 3 weeks per unit have nearly finished the first assignment but it’s not a difficult one to do as it’s about research so trying to get them done as quickly as I can so I have more time to get the distinctions I need
You can run over on the ungraded ones I believe. I did and it was fine. I don’t know if you’re doing the same one as me but unit 5 and 6 are both 2,000 word assignments and require quite a bit of planning etc. You need to allow time to send drafts to your tutor too if you can. I found it a lot harder than I thought I was going to :-/
Original post by Poppy678
You can run over on the ungraded ones I believe. I did and it was fine. I don’t know if you’re doing the same one as me but unit 5 and 6 are both 2,000 word assignments and require quite a bit of planning etc. You need to allow time to send drafts to your tutor too if you can. I found it a lot harder than I thought I was going to :-/

Am not sure yet only started this weekend xx
Reply 13
On unit 8 and have passed all my units till 1-5 and achieved distinctions in unit 7&8 so it’s all good
Original post by Shydyfs
On unit 8 and have passed all my units till 1-5 and achieved distinctions in unit 7&8 so it’s all good

Hey, what type of access course are you doing? Have a few questions if you don’t mind ☺️
Reply 15
Hi I am doing biological sciences feel free to message me
Reply 16
Can any of you help with unit 3 pls

does the question mean 2 examples of the WHOLE article or of each piece with a heading? sorry old brain cells cant work it out lol
Original post by donz_8

does the question mean 2 examples of the WHOLE article or of each piece with a heading? sorry old brain cells cant work it out lol

I have just submitted this. But it does says only 2-3 sentences for each example (not the whole article).
Reply 18
Original post by donz_8

Just two examples (you choose which two to extract from the article) for each (paraphrasing, resequencing, etc).

E.g.

Example set 1 -

Original: 'blablablabla'

Paraphrased: 'blablabla'

Resequenced: 'blabablaada'

etc..

Then example set 2 (choose different example from article) then do same thing as above

Hope that helps
Original post by bloomer36
Just two examples (you choose which two to extract from the article) for each (paraphrasing, resequencing, etc).

E.g.

Example set 1 -

Original: 'blablablabla'

Paraphrased: 'blablabla'

Resequenced: 'blabablaada'

etc..

Then example set 2 (choose different example from article) then do same thing as above

Hope that helps

I just submitted mine and it was returned as there were some grammatical errors (annoying as I had already edited this following previous feedback but for some reason my computer didn't save the amendments and I uploaded the original without checking) and this rather vague feedback "You need to add the original text for your quotations as outlined in the guidance for this assignment."

I followed the same format as you've said, the only thing I can think of is that the submitted version had a couple of quotation marks missing.

I've formatted as follows:
Original text: "blah"
Paraphrase: "blah" (author, year of publication)

Quotation: "Blah" (author, year of publication)

Reference: blah, blah, blah.

The first submission was accidentally written as
Original text: Blah" (author, publication year)

Do you think its the quotation marks? Sorry to jump on your post, but I'm out of options as have no more resubs available :frown:

Latest