The Student Room Group

Study Medicine in Europe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FatWalrice99
Hey, where in Romania you studying? I want to go to Craiova myself.

I’ve already graduated.
Original post by Lil08
I’ve already graduated.

Oh okay, where did you study?
Oh okay I'm from Ireland so I don't have A-Levels either. Good luck though man!

You too bro, all the best.
Reply 43
Oh okay, where did you study?

—/-/
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lil08
Iasi

Oh nice, how was your experience there?
Reply 45
Oh nice, how was your experience there?

Alright to be honest.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lil08
Alright to be honest.

I thought of Iasi myself at one stage but I don't know, I think Craiova is my go to. Is there a biology/chemistry entrance exam there or?
Reply 47
I thought of Iasi myself at one stage but I don't know, I think Craiova is my go to. Is there a biology/chemistry entrance exam there or?

I didn’t know that Craiova had an English programme tbh.

I would recommend either Iasi, Cluj, Targu Mures or Bucharest.

These universities have the oldest established English programme.
Original post by Lil08
I didn’t know that Craiova had an English programme tbh.

I would recommend either Iasi, Cluj, Targu Mures or Bucharest.

These universities have the oldest established English programme.

Yeah Craiova has an English program. It's the newest English program in Romania, they introduced it in 2012 or 2013 I believe.
Cluj is pretty hard to get into though.
Reply 49
Yeah Craiova has an English program. It's the newest English program in Romania, they introduced it in 2012 or 2013 I believe.
Cluj is pretty hard to get into though.

Yeah Cluj is tough. I tried to transfer to Cluj or Turgu Mures twice. Targu Mures is good in terms of quality of education but the town is a bit dead.

And I would not recommend going to a university with a relatively new programme.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by WonderWatson
I applied last year to Plovdiv MU through an agency called InterHECS due to some financial issues I was forced to take a gap year and this time round I have more time to look at my options as last time the application process was very rushed. Prague is just simply beautiful but it’s much more expensive and I’m finding it very hard to a find affordable flat near the uni that I like at the moment. Plovdiv seems like a very nice area. He hat would you say it’s like in Plovdiv in terms of safety. As in walking home from at night in the dark?

InterHecs are who I’ve been looking to use too. Why not stay firm with Bulgaria?
Original post by Lil08
Yeah Cluj is tough. I tried to transfer to Cluj or Turgu Mures twice. Targu Mures is good in terms of quality of education but the town is a bit dead.

And I would not recommend going to a university with a relatively new programme.

Yeah I agree with you. Would you suggest Constanta or Bucharest?
Reply 52
Yeah I agree with you. Would you suggest Constanta or Bucharest?

Constanta is really bad although it has one of the oldest established English programmes. I’ve got friends there.

I would recommend Bucharest because I’ve heard that it’s a good university.

I would really recommend you to go and visit each university personally and speak to some of the students yourself. You can even go into lectures.

I can answer any questions about Iasi, Turgu and Cluj because I’ve actually gone to these universities myself and seen the city and spoken to the students.

I don’t know much about Constanta, Criova and Bucharest. I have a lot of friends in Constanta and one in Bucharest. I’ve also been to Bucharest.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lil08
Constanta is really bad although it has one of the oldest established English programmes. I’ve got friends there.

I would recommend Bucharest because I’ve heard that it’s a good university.

I would really recommend you to go and visit each university personally and speak to some of the students yourself. You can even go into lectures.

I can answer any questions about Iasi, Turgu and Cluj because I’ve actually gone to these universities myself and seen the city and spoken to the students.

I don’t know much about Constanta, Criova and Bucharest. I have a lot of friends in Constanta and one in Bucharest. I’ve also been to Bucharest.

Oh right okay. My father is actually going to Craiova himself around March 7th. So maybe he'll stop over at Bucharest and have a look at Carol Davila too before heading down to Craiova.
He'll basically tell me if the place is good enough or not.
I don't know if I should apply for Cluj anymore, maybe my sexond option should be Bucharest by the sounds of things.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it!
Reply 54
Oh right okay. My father is actually going to Craiova himself around March 7th. So maybe he'll stop over at Bucharest and have a look at Carol Davila too before heading down to Craiova.
He'll basically tell me if the place is good enough or not.
I don't know if I should apply for Cluj anymore, maybe my sexond option should be Bucharest by the sounds of things.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it!

Just message me if you have anymore questions.
Original post by Lil08
Just message me if you have anymore questions.

Sure. Thanks for your help! Oh just one last question you said you can walk into the lectures?
Where all can you do this? Is it everywhere or certain places? Could you do it in Bucharest do you know or?
Reply 56
Sure. Thanks for your help! Oh just one last question you said you can walk into the lectures?
Where all can you do this? Is it everywhere or certain places? Could you do it in Bucharest do you know or?

You’ll see plenty of English speaking students outside the university. Just ask them about the programme and whether it is possible to accompany them.
Original post by Lil08
You’ll see plenty of English speaking students outside the university. Just ask them about the programme and whether it is possible to accompany them.

Oh right, thanks for the advice!
Original post by Baselevel
Out of interest, do you guys see many 'mature' students ? I'm 26 and studying abroad is an option but a commitment ! haha

Yes my sister was studying medicine in Ukraine and she had a mother and her son both studying at the same time same university so I guess it’s normal yeah and you are 26 so not considered old to study
Original post by Ayan Khan
InterHecs are who I’ve been looking to use too. Why not stay firm with Bulgaria?

Where are you planning on applying to? I don‘ give heard people say once you get started at Plovdiv you realise after a while its too small of a city and there’s not much to do etc So now I’m just confused

Quick Reply

Latest