The Student Room Group

Can you decline an university offer is you don't get the student loan

Hello everyone, is it possible to refuse to go to uni after you already accepted an offer, if you didn't get the student loan, and therefore won't be able to pay for your studies?......This has gotten me pretty confused and worried somehow. SFE has not oppenet the applications yet (might be Feb or March) and as it takes over 6 weeks to get a respond, but the deadline for accepring an uni offer is 1 May. How can i accept it if i don't know for sure yet.What if i accept an offer to uni and secure my place, am i somehow obligated to go to that course in September?Hope to get some answers,Thank you.
Why wouldn't you get finance?
And yes you can cancel your offer after accepting it
Reply 2
Original post by michelle.123
Hello everyone, is it possible to refuse to go to uni after you already accepted an offer, if you didn't get the student loan, and therefore won't be able to pay for your studies?......This has gotten me pretty confused and worried somehow. SFE has not oppenet the applications yet (might be Feb or March) and as it takes over 6 weeks to get a respond, but the deadline for accepring an uni offer is 1 May. How can i accept it if i don't know for sure yet.What if i accept an offer to uni and secure my place, am i somehow obligated to go to that course in September?Hope to get some answers,Thank you.

Usually you sort out finaces after you've accepted, you will not startyour course until the first installment of the tuition fee is paid, so if no money is paid you do not go to uni...so it is an automatic no uni situation...so they usually get back to you before results day and more importantly before you start uni.

Yes.
Reply 4
Hi, you can withdraw the entire ucas application at any point by calling up the ucas helpline. Just be careful with applying for accommodation as sometimes if you’ve completed the accommodation contract you would be obliged to pay for your room.

Also be aware that withdrawing the application means you cannot get another place through ucas this academic year, you would have to wait till the next ucas cycle to apply again
Original post by AzureCeleste
Why wouldn't you get finance?
And yes you can cancel your offer after accepting it

I live in the UK, but i am an EU national. So just to be on the safe side, who knows.

Thank you for the answer : )
Original post by Kara_h
Hi, you can withdraw the entire ucas application at any point by calling up the ucas helpline. Just be careful with applying for accommodation as sometimes if you’ve completed the accommodation contract you would be obliged to pay for your room.

Also be aware that withdrawing the application means you cannot get another place through ucas this academic year, you would have to wait till the next ucas cycle to apply again

That is good to know.
Thank you for your time.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes.

Thank you.
Original post by Max1989
Usually you sort out finaces after you've accepted, you will not startyour course until the first installment of the tuition fee is paid, so if no money is paid you do not go to uni...so it is an automatic no uni situation...so they usually get back to you before results day and more importantly before you start uni.

Thank you Max1989, that was very helpful. : )
Reply 9
I live in the UK, but i am an EU national. So just to be on the safe side, who knows.

Thank you for the answer : )

If you meet the usual criteria you'll get the tuition fee loan without any problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
If you meet the usual criteria you'll get the tuition fee loan without any problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what i hope for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending