The Student Room Group

Write an evaluation of two recognised learning theories.

Hi guys,

I have recently started studying Access course to Health via Stonebridge College online and am a little bit stuck with last question (Q4) of the assignment.

In previous question (Q2) I evaluated Kolb's learning cycle and Honey and Mumford's theory and to me it sounds like the same question?

I would appreciate any sort of direction on this please?
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi you could look at piaget cognitive learning theory and Skinners behaviour theory learning cy learning is different to the theory theres loads out there on this as well as others hope this helps 🤞
Reply 2
Original post by Sonja_f
hi you could look at piaget cognitive learning theory and Skinners behaviour theory learning cy learning is different to the theory theres loads out there on this as well as others hope this helps 🤞

Ok, thank you Sonja_f - I shall do a little more research into this :smile:
Reply 3
struggling so much with compare and contract for kolb ans bandura theories. any advise im havinf a meltdown ots due in tomprrpw
Reply 4
Bandura social learning theory focuses on how behaviour is learnt through the environment and observation. observing positive and negative actions an example of this is bandura doll experiment. you could talk about influences on children I.e social media, family, friends, television. How behaviour is copied and imitated. Bring in reinforcement to behaviour and how this impacts on learning. With Kolb, 4 stage cycle focuses on having an experience taking part in something rather than observing it like bandura, then the process of reflection takes place, what happened, why what influences were there what would of happened if I did something else. this is when the learning takes place conceptualisation. lastly putting into practice what was learnt, making those changes rather than making changes because the response is positive or you have observed it. not enough time if it's due tomorrow but hope this helps.
Reply 5
Original post by Sonja_f
Bandura social learning theory focuses on how behaviour is learnt through the environment and observation. observing positive and negative actions an example of this is bandura doll experiment. you could talk about influences on children I.e social media, family, friends, television. How behaviour is copied and imitated. Bring in reinforcement to behaviour and how this impacts on learning. With Kolb, 4 stage cycle focuses on having an experience taking part in something rather than observing it like bandura, then the process of reflection takes place, what happened, why what influences were there what would of happened if I did something else. this is when the learning takes place conceptualisation. lastly putting into practice what was learnt, making those changes rather than making changes because the response is positive or you have observed it. not enough time if it's due tomorrow but hope this helps.

thank u it does x
Original post by loulousort1
Hi guys,

I have recently started studying Access course to Health via Stonebridge College online and am a little bit stuck with last question (Q4) of the assignment.

In previous question (Q2) I evaluated Kolb's learning cycle and Honey and Mumford's theory and to me it sounds like the same question?

I would appreciate any sort of direction on this please?
Thank you

Hi!

I am also studying with Stonebridge!

I have just had my draft copy of the assignment sent back to be saying I need to re-read the question.
Reply 7
Original post by ohnonotheragain
Hi!

I am also studying with Stonebridge!

I have just had my draft copy of the assignment sent back to be saying I need to re-read the question.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
I started this yesterday finding it a bit difficult.
I am really struggling with this too! Starting to really doubt whether I can do this course now :-(
(edited 5 years ago)
Don't be disheartened. A simple way of explaining it is to look for the for and against for each learning theory.
Did you manage to do this question? I am really struggling with it and feel like i’ve been trying to do it for days:frown:
I did and had to resubmit which I did again last night. Happy to try and help if I can?
Original post by yassulxx
Did you manage to do this question? I am really struggling with it and feel like i’ve been trying to do it for days:frown:
Reply 13
Hi, i'm struggling with this, which two theories did you look at? Also are you studying with Stonebridge? I hate the way everything is set out and I honestly feel like Wendy or whatever her name is doesn't like me because I already have knowledge on some of the topics I'll be studying :frown:
I did Berhaviohrism and Experiential just using the course material. Yes I’m with stonebridge but haven’t had any dealings with Wendy, somebody called Andrew has assessed all of my work so far.

What access course are you doing?

Original post by xholly_jaydex
Hi, i'm struggling with this, which two theories did you look at? Also are you studying with Stonebridge? I hate the way everything is set out and I honestly feel like Wendy or whatever her name is doesn't like me because I already have knowledge on some of the topics I'll be studying :frown:
Reply 15
Ah okay, I'm doing Social Science, what about you?
Original post by amylou818
I did Berhaviohrism and Experiential just using the course material. Yes I’m with stonebridge but haven’t had any dealings with Wendy, somebody called Andrew has assessed all of my work so far.

How did you go on with this? I am literally stuck on the same part, and I can't make sense of some of the things that I have read already when I have googled this?
@amylou818 could you give me some guidance? I am at a loss
I did and had to resubmit which I did again last night. Happy to try and help if I can?
I'm doing social work access course with Stonebridge and finding it quite difficult so far too. :frown:

Hi "Amy Lou" - it's five months on since you started with Stonebridge... how are you finding it now? I've just started and only just on this Q... hence now researching how other people found it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending