The Student Room Group

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you guys out there could help me, because I’ve got to choose my options soon for my GCSE’s and I have no idea what to pick. I don’t want to choose something I’ll end up disliking and finding pointless.
Thank you for reading, have a lovely day 😊.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ok according to your post I match you with these subjects, Geography, History, Spanish and I.C.T along with the usual subjects.
I hate geography, history, MFL and I.C.T. However thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me 😄. I would love to work with children when I’m older but I’m not sure what options I’d need to choose in order to do that. Thank you very much.
hi, pick what makes you happy. ALWAYS.
Original post by 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝔂𝓪
I hate geography, history, MFL and I.C.T. However thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me 😄. I would love to work with children when I’m older but I’m not sure what options I’d need to choose in order to do that. Thank you very much.

You don’t need any specific GCSEs for careers, just pick the usual ones, Math, English Lang + Lit, Combined Science or Trilogy etc, and if you want to pick any additional ones that you enjoy.
Ok thank you for the advice 😄
For gcse just pick what you enjoy, the subject topic doesn’t really matter. Maybe chose a wide variety of subjects in different subject areas. You can get more specific (for you maybe sociology) at A level.
Something you enjoy most definitely
Pick what you want to develop in the future, I made some terrible sweet mistakes, such as picking Art, stay away from the subject unless you enjoy it and want to develop it in the future, or are incredibly skilled at every single subject to the point you don't need to revise them and can focus your time on Art
Reply 11
Original post by 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝔂𝓪
@FracturedSpace thank you 😄

(edited 5 years ago)
I’m not a troll I’m just a year 8 seeking help with choosing my options. If you have a problem with me then I suggest you get off my page. Thank you! 😌
Reply 13
Original post by 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝔂𝓪
I’m not a troll I’m just a year 8 seeking help with choosing my options. If you have a problem with me then I suggest you get off my page. Thank you! 😌

Then why did you rep me? And for someone in year 8 GCSEs are not ‘soon’
Original post by Bazyli
Then why did you rep me? And for someone in year 8 GCSEs are not ‘soon’

GCSEs come in, at the speed of light, it'll be a moment before you are in a hall, doing your exams.
As I said, if you don’t like me/agree with me then get off my page. And while your at it get a life!
Original post by filippavlovic
GCSEs come in, at the speed of light, it'll be a moment before you are in a hall, doing your exams.

Thank you 😊
Original post by Anotheranon
hi, pick what makes you happy. ALWAYS.

Ok thank you 😊
Original post by Andrew.Stamp
For gcse just pick what you enjoy, the subject topic doesn’t really matter. Maybe chose a wide variety of subjects in different subject areas. You can get more specific (for you maybe sociology) at A level.

Ok thank you very much 😄

Quick Reply

Latest