The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Mathematics 2018/2019

Good luck to everyone sitting the 2019 exam. This thread will probably become active in the lead up to prelims and the final exam. Use this thread to ask any questions or problems that you have and I'm sure someone (me or others) will gladly give you a helping hand.

EDIT- UNOFFICIAL MARKING SCHEME :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KrisMel
Good luck to everyone sitting the 2019 exam. This thread will probably become active in the lead up to prelims and the final exam. Use this thread to ask any questions or problems that you have and I'm sure someone (me or others) will gladly give you a helping hand.

:wavey: Thanks for making this thread! :h:
Reply 2
Hello! I am sitting advanced maths this year :smile:
hi, me too
calculus has dried my brain beyond repair 😂😂
Reply 4
Original post by Razza2000
hi, me too
calculus has dried my brain beyond repair 😂😂

The calculus can be very tricky sometimes. Is there anything that is maybe troubling you?
Not anything in particular, it's just a hard topic to get around.
Reply 6
Can I get a little help with this question? it's a binomial theorem one

(n )
(n-2) =45, solve for n. it is a positive integer.

The brackets are all just one big bracket, I'm bad at formatting.

I always get to n^2-n+90=0 but can't get any further because all my answers will be complex numbers. Thanks for reading.
http://mathshomework.pbworks.com/f/Adv%20Higher%20Hw%2010.pdf

Can anyone help me with all of question 2 please?
image-73eb512e-8a52-4f7b-b75e-9ef2daf584963970196943849236488-compressed.jpg.jpegimage-e68e1b13-d52a-47b5-8428-57d57f337fe23654085572699792838-compressed.jpg.jpeg
I think... if you need me to explain anything then let me know.
my z has a cross in it and 2 doesn't btw:-)
Original post by Bazzybob
Can I get a little help with this question? it's a binomial theorem one

(n )
(n-2) =45, solve for n. it is a positive integer.

The brackets are all just one big bracket, I'm bad at formatting.

I always get to n^2-n+90=0 but can't get any further because all my answers will be complex numbers. Thanks for reading.

The equation is meant to be n^2-n-90=0!
Missed a negative...so I got that n=10
If anyone's struggling with calculus I recommend watching 3Blue1Brown's Essence of Calculus series on youtube, there's a lot of great visualisations of the meaning of the derivative, integral etc
Reply 12
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 22.22.28.pngcan someone please help me find a solution to this question, I am really stuck. Thanks.
image.jpg
Question 5...
I have got the first quadratic root and it is z^2-10z+26, assuming it is correct, how do I get the last root? And how do I plot an Argand diagram?
Reply 14
Original post by johnproctor99
image.jpg
Question 5...
I have got the first quadratic root and it is z^2-10z+26, assuming it is correct, how do I get the last root? And how do I plot an Argand diagram?

Sorry no idea... that question was in my math Prelim and I honestly wanted to cry 😭
Reply 15
How’s everyone studying for maths? And any tips? I did really bad in the Prelim and idk how to get my grade up 😬
Original post by nimota
How’s everyone studying for maths? And any tips? I did really bad in the Prelim and idk how to get my grade up 😬

I got 67% in my prelim which is okay. Just fire through past paper questions and learn the marking schemes and make summary notes and answer questions using your own personalised notes.
Original post by cna1806
I got 67% in my prelim which is okay. Just fire through past paper questions and learn the marking schemes and make summary notes and answer questions using your own personalised notes.

I got 67% too! Well done :smile:
Original post by Lucyy26
I got 67% too! Well done :smile:

Well done! Were you happy with your result?
Original post by cna1806
Well done! Were you happy with your result?

Yeah I was, I wasn't really sure how I'd done when I came out of the hall but I was happy with a B. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending