The Student Room Group

confirming a date over text

How do you confirm a date with someone? Like we’ve arranged the specific day we’re meeting earlier in the week but I now need to ask whether she’s still up for the date and time and place. How can I do this in the correct way and show her I’m interested without it being desperate?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
How do you confirm a date with someone? Like we’ve arranged the specific day we’re meeting earlier in the week but I now need to ask whether she’s still up for the date and time and place. How can I do this in the correct way and show her I’m interested without it being desperate?

The day before the date you just ask "Hey, are you still up for meeting tomorrow?". Nothing more is needed. It's always good to confirm over text, some people might get second thoughts but if they're still interested in meeting they'll say yes.
Yes, a simple text is fine. You should also confirm time and place after she says yes. You certainly won't seem desperate.
Original post by Hopefully1
Yes, a simple text is fine. You should also confirm time and place after she says yes. You certainly won't seem desperate.

but do this in a single text.

For instance, after she confirms meeting you, don't send two texts such as-
"Cool! Where do you wanna meet? I was thinking blah, blah, blah. What do you think?"
"Also what time would be good? I can do from x to y and anytime after z."

Instead, approach it like this,
"Cool! I was thinking x time at this place or y time at that place. What do you think? Would you prefer something else?"

If she has other ideas in mind, she will let you know. Giver her the opportunity to choose but don't drown her in choices ... or texts. Ofc, after a couple of dates, text however you want to. The abovementioned techniques are just anti-desperate measures. Good luck!
Reply 4
Thanks I asked her yesterday. She still says she wants to meet up and that she doesn’t mind exactly when or where. I don’t think she’ll cancel but when I asked her out I didn’t specifically state that it was a date but it was pretty obvious that it was. I now don’t know if she thinks it’s a date and it doesn’t come across like she’s into me. What does everyone think about this? Do you think she’ll be thinking it’s a date? And even if she isn’t into me yet which might be the case then why is she still wanting to meet up when I’ve been pretty obvious that I’m into her?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending