The Student Room Group

A Level Chemistry- Opinions?

(edited 3 years ago)
I would say chemistry is one of the subjects that is a massive step up from GCSE.
chemistry is hard to understand and boring in my opinion. but if you understand chemistry and it clicks for you I'm sure you will find it interesting.
there are sooooo many mechanism and reactions to learn. in GCSE you have to learn like 10 in alevels its more like 100.
maths is not too bad as long as you get at least a 6 you will be fine.
but chemistry can lead to some cool jobs such as chemical engineering or research.
I hated chemistry in high school, but i actually quite enjoy it now, there is a lot to learn and remember but once you get your head around the basics, you just build on the basics. as for exam questions they are quite repetitive so revision mainly consists of exam papers. There's quite a bit of maths involved but it is easy once you get the hang of it.
Original post by tesconyc
I would say chemistry is one of the subjects that is a massive step up from GCSE.
chemistry is hard to understand and boring in my opinion. but if you understand chemistry and it clicks for you I'm sure you will find it interesting.
there are sooooo many mechanism and reactions to learn. in GCSE you have to learn like 10 in alevels its more like 100.
maths is not too bad as long as you get at least a 6 you will be fine.
but chemistry can lead to some cool jobs such as chemical engineering or research.

Thank you so much!
Original post by rehman15
I hated chemistry in high school, but i actually quite enjoy it now, there is a lot to learn and remember but once you get your head around the basics, you just build on the basics. as for exam questions they are quite repetitive so revision mainly consists of exam papers. There's quite a bit of maths involved but it is easy once you get the hang of it.

I don't like it very much at the moment either, hopefully I will find it interesting.. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest