The Student Room Group

Is ncs any good?

Thinking of doing it this year after GCSE’s but don’t want to waste my summer
Original post by lewbri03
Thinking of doing it this year after GCSE’s but don’t want to waste my summer

Hey, I've applied for it, I can't say whether it is or not, but hope you get some replies. Where are you thinking of doing it at?
I would say do it if it is your kind of thing as it is very enjoyable.
Reply 3
Original post by XKangaotiCX
Hey, I've applied for it, I can't say whether it is or not, but hope you get some replies. Where are you thinking of doing it at?

Bournemouth what about you?
Reply 4
Original post by mjhmichael18
I would say do it if it is your kind of thing as it is very enjoyable.

Have you done it?
Bournemouth what about you?

ah, I'm at Gloucestershire...
eh I applied to it.
Reply 7
It’s different for everyone, but personally I enjoyed it. It depends what you want to get out from it. It’s a fun experience. I met very nice people and I’m still in touch with them.
Reply 8
Im doing london
Reply 9
i plan on going, looks fun
Have you done it?

Yes, I have I did it last summer in Coventry.
(edited 5 years ago)
I did it last summer, it was one of the best experiences of my life!, I loved every moment, I mean the first few 2 days are a bit awkward but once you do the team building stuff in the adventure week, you really really bond well. My favourite week was the uni week, by far the best week because everyone knows each other and you get so much free time to just chat and chill. In my group, I was the only person from my school and about 50% of the people already knew each other and were really good friends but by the end of the first week, people pretty much stayed with their team members and forgot that they had their school friends (I obviously mean in a good way) and by the very end, each team became inseperable. You make such good friends and its such a good way to develop confidence, we had some people (me included) who underwent complete personality changes and became so much better at public speaking.
If you are worried about wasting your summer, do it at the beginning so that you have a good 2 months after it to just sleep, thats what I did because I had the same thinking but it definetely is NOT a waste of time, you will love it by the end. As long as you are willing to talk to people, you will love it. My favourite moment overall was playing capture the flag with two different teams in the first week and thats when I really felt like I belonged with the group of people I was with
Do go, you will love it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending