The Student Room Group

B's and C's at Gcse, 3a* at a level AMA

ask away

Scroll to see replies

Were you disappointed with your GCSE grades when you got them?
Reply 2
Original post by MinaBee

What do you think...?
Original post by Bazyli
What do you think...?

You never know. They might not have been aiming for high grades in the first place. :dontknow:
Reply 4
What A Levels?
Original post by Vits1
ask away

I got similar results at gcse, omw to aiming for 3A*s. What subjects did you do and what uni course r u doing?
plans for the future?
Same. 7Bs 2Cs and 1 D at GCSE. I have 1 A now and am predicted A*A and another A at AS!
Did you get an 'Oh sh*t' kind of moment when you knew you had to up your game?
Reply 8
Original post by MinaBee

didnt try as much as i should have as i never really understood the point of them
Reply 9
Original post by laurawatt
plans for the future?

hopefully investment banking
What a levels did you do ?0
Reply 11
Original post by YAL._
What A Levels?

mathematics,geography,economics
Reply 12
Original post by barror1
Same. 7Bs 2Cs and 1 D at GCSE. I have 1 A now and am predicted A*A and another A at AS!
Did you get an 'Oh sh*t' kind of moment when you knew you had to up your game?

ofc i worked the full the way through year 12 and year 13
how did you get an a* in maths?
Reply 14
Original post by social_chemist
how did you get an a* in maths?

im not sure how the new system works but i did every past paper thar ever existed around 3 times each until i was getting nearly full marks,especially C3 and C4 as i needed 90% minimum to get an A*. HARD WORK ALWAYS PAYS OFF
Original post by Vits1
mathematics,geography,economics

I took Maths, geography and Computer science, what spec did ya do?
Reply 16
edexcel,ocr,aqa

Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
I took Maths, geography and Computer science, what spec did ya do?
Original post by Vits1
edexcel,ocr,aqa

Oh the trio of deatgh XD

I'm doing: Maths - Edexcel
Geography - AQA
Computer Science - OCR

Wanna do mechanical engineering
Reply 18
how did u have time to do every past paper 3 times ,how do you manage time , and any tips on economics ? thx
Reply 19
Original post by p1128
how did u have time to do every past paper 3 times ,how do you manage time , and any tips on economics ? thx

tbh i was known as that kid in school who had no life and sat in the library all day. But to this day i dont regret it as i needed to prove to everyone that i let down with my poor GCSE's that i still have potential so i pretty much studied 4 to 5 hrs a day on weekdays and 7 to 8 hrs on weekend.TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. For economics i would say print out the spec and use it as a checklist to make sure you have covered every bit of info.Around April i had my notes done and it was a case of doing papers again and again because i didnt want to be that kid that went to the exam and just started blurting out knowledge without understanding how to apply it. EXAM PRACTICE IS KEY. Good luck with your exams.WORK HARD AND DREAM BIG x

Quick Reply

Latest