The Student Room Group

Is direct line drive plus strict?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tom123h456
I always drive like 5 miles over speed limit my black box don't care gave me 10/10 everytime

You're well cool fair play! 5mph over the speed limit :shock:

Spoiler

Reply 41
Original post by IWMTom
And they know the "speed of the general traffic flow" how exactly?

Super spy satellites
Reply 42
Original post by xDron3
Super spy satellites

**** Big Brother.
Wow, support team here not very supportive. I am looking for similar answers to you josh, shame the thread it full of support team members being very passive aggressive.
I have renewed my insurance with direct line, black box, from the helpful replies *actually answering the question* I am happy to save £350 and have a the box... all good all gucci
Reply 45
Original post by JoshBenson
Wow, support team here not very supportive. I am looking for similar answers to you josh, shame the thread it full of support team members being very passive aggressive.

It's for your own good :smile:
Original post by JoshBenson

Ignore them, they’re really ignorant sometimes. Direct line black box is probably the best black box out there, they haven’t bothered me once and I do not stick to the speed limit whatsoever
Reply 47
Original post by Fighter365
Ignore them, they’re really ignorant sometimes.

We have feelings too you know! :cry2::cry:
Reply 48
I would agree with Josh Jubz Mary and Fighter. A lot of research done beforehand and a lot of scare stories eg More Than, Hastings but 8 months in to Direct Line policy and no dramas so far normal mix of driving and a few long runs = 85% = Gold. A few braking violations picked up but no impact on the journey score. £1500 on a Skoda Citigo but my first year so will be interested to know the sort of second year reduction but will obviously compare the market again in June with 1yr NCD in the bag.
How did you find Directline drive plus as I am considering getting a policy with them and am also curious to how strict the box is
Reply 50
For me, the scores seemed fair and it was fairly easy to get gold scores consistently with sensible driving at just above speed limits. On the odd occasion I had to brake hard for some reason the device had picked this up but it didn't seem to affect the scores. You do need to watch out if driving at peak times as it's difficult to get a good score then. However as the overall score is averaged on distance a weekend motorway drive can get you 95%+ and bring your average back up. At end of year 1 the premium offer went from £1500 to about £1100 assuming keeping with the box but with the 1yr NCD the search sites were getting well under £1000 and I got Admiral for about £900 without the telematics. The first year causes most of the pain.
Nobody please take this guy seriously
Reply 52
I’m also with direct line driveplus. Till this day I’ve kept within the speed limit, however they are very strict and mark you down even if you’re doing 28mph in a 30mph sometimes as they believe you’re driving faster than most people on the same roads

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending