The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The open day this year said last year has 12:1 grad entry odds and that the interview is unlikely to have the maths test in the MMI this year!
Reply 2
Regarding the maths station - did they say why this was?
Original post by Chilledice
Discuss applying to the UK's best graduate entry medicine course. No wools allowed.

Haha those wools
Reply 4
Original post by Antibiotics
Haha those wools

You're not even applying here, penicillin! Bugger off! :tongue:
Original post by Chilledice
You're not even applying here, penicillin! Bugger off! :tongue:

Yeah just lurking to nosey on people’s gamsat scores... lukewarmwater :wink:
Reply 6
Could i ask for advice. I have applied at Liverpool for 2019 entry and my gamsat scores were 49 62 53. overall of 54

Am i right to say i have no chance due to the overall score and also the 49 in section 1?
Reply 7
Original post by MZI3
Could i ask for advice. I have applied at Liverpool for 2019 entry and my gamsat scores were 49 62 53. overall of 54

Am i right to say i have no chance due to the overall score and also the 49 in section 1?

I think you may have just missed the cut off. While I don't think they have announced what the cut off is for this year, the FOI request ( https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a101_medicine_and_surgery_mbchb ) shows that previous years have needed a 50 or above in all sections. Sorry MZI3!
Reply 8
I've applied for Liverpool's A101 :smile: hating the waiting as Liverpool is my dream medical school eee!
Reply 9
Original post by ellesand
I've applied for Liverpool's A101 :smile: hating the waiting as Liverpool is my dream medical school eee!

Yay! We're in the same boat! Have you been to any open days or anything? :smile:
I didn’t go to their open day for medicine, as Ive visited the uni loads of times as two of my close friends study density and medicine there! So I’ve seen the med school and know lots about it already :smile: did you?
Hi guys!

I'm currently a third year biomedical science student at Liverpool and also applied to the A101 course and I cannot recommend it enough, its honestly the most amazing place, and I really really hope I get the chance to stay here and study!

I have asked around a lot of lecturers and stuff, and the previous two years GAMSAT cut off has been 55 I believe, with a minimum of 50 in every section (however this may always be raised by competition yet who knows).

Last years interviews got sent out all at the same time on the 10th Jan so we probs wont hear back until then!
Hey - I’m also a Biomed student but graduated in July!! Yes I had heard that so wasn’t getting too worried about them yet. 😊
Original post by hlocharl
Hi guys!

I'm currently a third year biomedical science student at Liverpool and also applied to the A101 course and I cannot recommend it enough, its honestly the most amazing place, and I really really hope I get the chance to stay here and study!

I have asked around a lot of lecturers and stuff, and the previous two years GAMSAT cut off has been 55 I believe, with a minimum of 50 in every section (however this may always be raised by competition yet who knows).

Last years interviews got sent out all at the same time on the 10th Jan so we probs wont hear back until then!

Hey hlocharl!

Fingers crossed we'll all have some good news in the next few weeks (maybe on the 10th?) and land ourselves an interview. I've heard that Liverpool have one of the "nicest" MMI interview circuits amongst the GEM courses, let's hope they're nice enough to let us in :biggrin:.
wohooo. Received interview invite today
Original post by salam786

Hey congratulations! 🎊 I actually received one too! So so happy 😁
Interview! Gasseddd
Reply 17
Original post by salam786

Congrats! what was your gamsat score?
Reply 18
Original post by xloichan
Interview! Gasseddd