The Student Room Group

How many times a week do you wash your hair and have a shower

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
You're literally incapable of explaining your own thoughts and beliefs. Your worldview of societal judgements and norms isn't a good enough reason.

If the "97" in your username is your birth year I'd find it worrying that you're this ignorant and perhaps lack the brain power to question things in life instead of rolling with "society standards" like the slave you are.

And you clearly have jumped on the nihilistic bandwagon that all social norms are useless to justify being a dirty person.

I gave you my reasons. The reason one must wash regularly is precisely to prevent having to wash linen and clothes all the time. That's classic inductive thought. My point about society is that you probably think you smell like roses, but your choice to wash affects other people, thus anchored in our communal living.

I bet you're the kind of person who calls people sheeple
Original post by Anonymous
Just curious

I shower two to three times a day
Every day I take a shower in the morning and after gym
It honestly depends on if I have work / uni /other plans involving other people or going outside.

In a typical week, I'll wash my hair probably 3-4 times and shower 5-6 times. Often I'll shower but not wash my hair as I'm trying to reduce how often I wash it.
(edited 5 years ago)
shower? what's that??
Original post by baeoftae
i never shower gosh, i hate soap and i dont have hair so....i dont need to wash anything

98E301D1-E23F-4E06-AA27-3A166754A93C.jpeg
Probably shower 3 times a week, so almost every other day, and wash my hair every time I shower
Reply 27
i shower everyday but wash my hair every 2 days
shower + wash hair every 2 days (maybe 3 if my hair still looks alright)
dirty
i have a mud bath once a week
Reply 31
Original post by tripoloskii
i have a mud bath once a week

disgusting
I think how often you shower/wash your hair depends on what you do. For example, I work from home, so other than going out for lunch with my boyfriend or going to the shops, I don't really do a great deal other than sit at my laptop (it's all I have time for!) so I'm confident that if I shower every other day I'm perfectly clean. I always wash my hair when I'm in the shower, too.

That being said, although that's how much I think I need to shower, in reality I do enjoy being in the warm water, so in addition to that I will have a couple of baths at the weekend. So I probably shower/bathe 5 days out of 7. But it's different if you're going to the gym or getting sweaty on a long commute on horrible dirty trains.

I think the majority of people are too clean, and it's making us more susceptible to germs. Honestly.
I shower (and wash my hair) every day in the evening.
It' weird though cus people always say to me that you shouldn't wash your hair every day, but if i don't it get's greasy...anyone else understand me washing my hair everyday or is it actually bad?
I wash my hair every morning (it gets greasy otherwise) and have a bath every night.
Original post by Neverland_girl17
It' weird though cus people always say to me that you shouldn't wash your hair every day, but if i don't it get's greasy...anyone else understand me washing my hair everyday or is it actually bad?

Im the same. I have to wash my hair every day or else it gets greasy. I know the feeling.
Someone like me would think most of you are disgusting but that's because I live in a hot country I shower 3 times a day usually just 2 and wash my hair everyday unless if I feel it's damaging my hair I shower like 4 times a week
Original post by Neverland_girl17

what it is is that when you use shampoo you strip away natural oils which means your hair has to overcompensate and produce more - if you gradually start washing you hair every 2 days, then 3 days, etc then it’ll get greasy less quickly
Reply 38
Original post by Notoriety

Whether you need it or not...
Daily. I don't want to smell. Why wouldn't you wash daily?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending