The Student Room Group

Buying women drinks on a nightout

What should a guy do if he approaches a woman in a club and the first thing out of her lips after he says hi is "BUY ME A DRINK..!" in a whiney insistent voice

[the above scenario actually happened to me once]
Well if u wanna get in her pants there’s a price sis
Reply 2
"My mistake; this being 2019, I assumed we were both feminists."
Reply 3
Original post by Rainfall

So you're telling me women will open their legs after spending 3 or 4 pounds on them?
Original post by ANM775
So you're telling me women will open their legs after spending 3 or 4 pounds on them?

Hoes will be hoes
Don't buy them drinks. Have self respect, they're not actually offering you anything. Be more playful, you could say "so you've left your purse at home" or "why should a man like me buy you a drink".
Reply 6
Laugh and tell her to **** off.
It happened a couple of times. The one that sticks out was a stunning chica who came over with: "Buy me and my mate a drink then ...", in an expectant and disrespectful tone. I believe I laughed my tits off and turned away, which earned me a jab to the lower back before they scuttled off. It was worth it.

I like the logic of thinking that everyone must be 100% into them at all times; either a single child or came from a family of 9. Not personally interested; I'm not a virgin nor do I have low self-esteem, so the prospect of getting off with some newly liberated fresher ain't that interesting to me; throwing herself about for the first person to catch her. 15 strains of the clap.
lol I've never bought drinks for women unless I'm already friends with them and I know they aren't scroungers. I buy drinks for male friends usually because they always buy me drinks.

But ye when they've asked me to buy them drinks I just tell them to buy me one instead. Sometimes they do lol.
(edited 5 years ago)
If a guy finds that he has approached a girl in a club too hastily and regrets it, its fine to just make an excuse and walk away.
Not every guy appreciates spending time with a girl who is whiny, demanding, aggressive or boring.
Many girls feel the same way about guys who behave in this way.

I've had jerk guys come up to me wanting a free drink, lunch or eardrum to perforate with their monotonous collection of playground whines.
A few even got the freebies they sought- at the cost of saddling themselves reputation for freeloading/whining and providing me with some very entertaining anecdotes to share with female friends who frequently party at the same venue. :biggrin:
Original post by ANM775

Listen mate there are girls that use people to get them free drinks so you have to find the right target you could get

That's not how nightclub freeloading works.
The freeloader collects freebies and gives nothing back- except maybe more demands or inane complaints.
In a pub or takeaway, a drink/meal for ons exchange is often possible.
Reply 12
Original post by Analyst89
Don't buy them drinks. Have self respect, they're not actually offering you anything. Be more playful, you could say "so you've left your purse at home" or "why should a man like me buy you a drink".

Original post by gjd800
Laugh and tell her to **** off.

Original post by Notoriety
It happened a couple of times. The one that sticks out was a stunning chica who came over with: "Buy me and my mate a drink then ...", in an expectant and disrespectful tone. I believe I laughed my tits off and turned away, which earned me a jab to the lower back before they scuttled off. It was worth it.

I like the logic of thinking that everyone must be 100% into them at all times; either a single child or came from a family of 9. Not personally interested; I'm not a virgin nor do I have low self-esteem, so the prospect of getting off with some newly liberated fresher ain't that interesting to me; throwing herself about for the first person to catch her. 15 strains of the clap.

Original post by ChickenMadness
lol I've never bought drinks for women unless I'm already friends with them and I know they aren't scroungers. I buy drinks for male friends usually because they always buy me drinks.

But ye when they've asked me to buy them drinks I just tell them to buy me one instead. Sometimes they do lol.

Original post by londonmyst
If a guy finds that he has approached a girl in a club too hastily and regrets it, its fine to just make an excuse and walk away.
Not every guy appreciates spending time with a girl who is whiny, demanding, aggressive or boring.
Many girls feel the same way about guys who behave in this way.

I've had jerk guys come up to me wanting a free drink, lunch or eardrum to perforate with their monotonous collection of playground whines.
A few even got the freebies they sought- at the cost of saddling themselves reputation for freeloading/whining and providing me with some very entertaining anecdotes to share with female friends who frequently party at the same venue. :biggrin:

Well she kept asking in her whiney voice, claiming that she was a student and broke and really thirsty. I really didn't know what to say. I just shrugged at her lol. Then she kept asking again ..so I said how about we see if we like each other first we just met. She tried some more ..but I wouldn't budge. Then the subject moved away from drinks ...and we started flirting. If she was doing it to get the drink then she was quite a good actor as my gut was telling me she wasn't putting on a "perfomance". Then 3 of her male friends came back from out of nowhere. She introduced us. They wouldn't even awknowledge me [I got the feeling they wern't too thrilled by my presence]. Then like a minute or two later the male friends started taking the group someplace else.

The girl apologised, then tried again for the drink. I then replied with a counter offer "give me a kiss and i'll buy you a drink" ...she then responded "I don't trust you" ..and then responded with her own counter offer "buy me a drink and i'll let you give me a kiss on the cheek"
In my mind I was thinking "f**k that......." ....and continued to push my offer, but she kept coming up with some BS "I don't trust you" ....and in the end it reached stalemate and she went to find her friends and said "find me later..."

I wasn't gonna bother try find her later tbh, in my mind I was done with her. Later in the night I saw one of her male friends trying desperately to hit on her. I'm not sure if he actually got anywhere, ...from what I saw he didn't. Much later in the night I saw her again, and she was looking pretty smashed [I guess someone bought her a drink]. I saw some beta looking guy part with her to go to the bar [to presumably buy her another drink?] so decided to approach her. Literally three seconds after I approached her one of her male friends took her by her hand and lead her away. The beta guy at the bar saw this and looked baffled.

Overall I don't think I handled the situation that badly. At least I didn't get fleeced for drinks with nothing to show for it...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
Well she kept asking in her whiney voice, claiming that she was a student and broke and really thirsty.

Should've told her to ask for a glass of tap water then, should be free :rolleyes:
Original post by ANM775
x

Sounds like a typical annoying drunk girl trying to scrounge drinks. Her male friends are probably flat mates and know what she's doing which is why they're babysitting her lol.

I would have walked off the second time she asked rofl.

Not sure if they'll fit me.
Original post by ANM775
Well she kept asking in her whiney voice, claiming that she was a student and broke and really thirsty. I really didn't know what to say. I just shrugged at her lol. Then she kept asking again ..so I said how about we see if we like each other first we just met. She tried some more ..but I wouldn't budge. Then the subject moved away from drinks ...and we started flirting. If she was doing it to get the drink then she was quite a good actor as my gut was telling me she wasn't putting on a "perfomance". Then 3 of her male friends came back from out of nowhere. She introduced us. They wouldn't even awknowledge me [I got the feeling they wern't too thrilled by my presence]. Then like a minute or two later the male friends started taking the group someplace else.

The girl apologised, then tried again for the drink. I then replied with a counter offer "give me a kiss and i'll buy you a drink" ...she then responded "I don't trust you" ..and then responded with her own counter offer "buy me a drink and i'll let you give me a kiss on the cheek"
In my mind I was thinking "f**k that......." ....and continued to push my offer, but she kept coming up with some BS "I don't trust you" ....and in the end it reached stalemate and she went to find her friends and said "find me later..."

I wasn't gonna bother try find her later tbh, in my mind I was done with her. Later in the night I saw one of her male friends trying desperately to hit on her. I'm not sure if he actually got anywhere, ...from what I saw he didn't. Much later in the night I saw her again, and she was looking pretty smashed [I guess someone bought her a drink]. I saw some beta looking guy part with her to go to the bar [to presumably buy her another drink?] so decided to approach her. Literally three seconds after I approached her one of her male friends took her by her hand and lead her away. The beta guy at the bar saw this and looked baffled.

Overall I don't think I handled the situation that badly. At least I didn't get fleeced for drinks with nothing to show for it...

Wanting her to kiss you to give her a drink is just as creepy. You were both taking advantage of one another
Is £4 really a big deal for potential pussy? It’s pocket change lol.

Quick Reply