The Student Room Group

I have no idea what A-Levels to take! Help!!

I’ve applied to a college to do Sociology, English and History but recently my science teacher told me I should do A-level science! I find science really interesting but I lean more towards the arts subjects but now I am considering doing all 3 science A-levels as I don’t know what career to do and I’ve been told science subjects are more valuable and open more career choices. Please give advice! P.S I have my college interview Wednesday 😐
Why don't you take Spanish as well?
nothing wrong with doing a mix of arts and sciences. don't let teachers pressure you into doing a certain subject though if you don't enjoy it.
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
nothing wrong with doing a mix of arts and sciences. don't let teachers pressure you into doing a certain subject though if you don't enjoy it.

The thing is I like both science and arts but I don’t want to take more than 3 A-levels!
Reply 4
Original post by Boliviabba
Why don't you take Spanish as well?

That ones definitely off the list as I take GCSE French instead of Spanish lol
Original post by Bward680
The thing is I like both science and arts but I don’t want to take more than 3 A-levels!

well then don't do all three sciences- or start w four subjects then drop the one you enjoy the least.
Reply 6
Which subjects would you say you are best at and would enjoy more. Do you intend to go to uni, if so what subject area would you be looking at? What you do at A level either limits or enhances your choices in uni.
Reply 7
Original post by nutz99
Which subjects would you say you are best at and would enjoy more. Do you intend to go to uni, if so what subject area would you be looking at? What you do at A level either limits or enhances your choices in uni.

I’m a bit better at art subjects, but lately I’ve been finding the science subjects fascinating hence why I’m so keen to carry it on at a further level
I’ve applied to a college to do Sociology, English and History but recently my science teacher told me I should do A-level science! I find science really interesting but I lean more towards the arts subjects but now I am considering doing all 3 science A-levels as I don’t know what career to do and I’ve been told science subjects are more valuable and open more career choices. Please give advice! P.S I have my college interview Wednesday 😐

Hey! Why dont you do a mix of science and the arts to give yourself some options? Good Luck for your interview!
Sophia :smile:
Reply 9
I do an arts and humanities/STEM mix with three A-levels, granted that the combination has more arts and humanities subjects. It's not too bad at all.

good luck with sociology RIP
Original post by soph-cyana
good luck with sociology RIP

What's wrong with sociology? From what I hear, it sounds appealing if you're someone that's into that kind of stuff.
Original post by Tolgarda
What's wrong with sociology? From what I hear, it sounds appealing if you're someone that's into that kind of stuff

it's fun and really interesting, just alot of writing to put up with :smile:
Original post by soph-cyana
it's fun and really interesting, just alot of writing to put up with :smile:

Ah, fair enough. What other subjects do you study?
Reply 14
My friend does English Literature, History, Chemistry and Maths. If you do something like English Lit, Chemistry and Biology you'd have quite a few options.
If you do all the sciences it will get too much for you especially as they’re content heavy! I would choose what you like to do and if you don’t want to do science in the future then it’s not for you! A-Levels are 10X harder than GCSE I wouldn’t advise you to listen to your teachers either, it’s your future/life not your teachers! They won’t be there in 2 years time sitting the A-Levels for you!

Quick Reply

Latest