The Student Room Group

0 faults failed driving test.

I’ve failed my driving test with 0 faults!! Only failed because I messed up on my parallel park. So gutted!! My driving was excellent surely that’s what a driving test is about::::: driving !!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by L4UR3N21
I’ve failed my driving test with 0 faults!! Only failed because I messed up on my parallel park. So gutted!! My driving was excellent surely that’s what a driving test is about::::: driving !!!

Even though you will have to part the car to get out. Or do you plan on never, ever stopping and driving forever?
I get that you're annoyed but there's nothing any of us can do here.
That means you did make a fault, 1 major fault in fact.
Being able to stop is a pretty key part of driving.

How did you mess up? Hitting the kerb doesn’t always result in a fail. It kind of comes down to luck and how lenient the examiner is feeling
Reply 6
Original post by cherryred90s
How did you mess up? Hitting the kerb doesn’t always result in a fail. It kind of comes down to luck and how lenient the examiner is feeling

I got too close to the curb with my bonnet hanging out still. I couldn’t correct it so I just had to move off. I messed up on my steering. I know what I did wrong. It’s just annoying 😢
Reply 7
Original post by Bio 7
Even though you will have to part the car to get out. Or do you plan on never, ever stopping and driving forever?

I just got my steering confused, instead of turning right I straightened up, jt was my own fault but it’s so annoying
On the bright side, you only learn how to park after passing... true story!
I got too close to the curb with my bonnet hanging out still. I couldn’t correct it so I just had to move off. I messed up on my steering. I know what I did wrong. It’s just annoying 😢

If you KNOW your positioning sucks, ask the examiner if you can try again. They don't have to allow it, but its not like they can double-fail you for asking.

I almost failed exact same way, i'd reversed for my parallel park at an off angle and would have scraped the parked car if i'd gone another few inch (sensors blaring) ...had a look in the mirrors, stopped and asked if i could try again, he didn't SAY anything, just gave a v small nod and pointed to the next car along on the street.
Reply 10
I thought they took that out of the test 🤔🤔 at least now, you'll remember for next time - learn from mistakes (plus all the best people pass second time :wink:) good luck for next time!
Original post by Throor
I thought they took that out of the test 🤔🤔 at least now, you'll remember for next time - learn from mistakes (plus all the best people pass second time :wink:) good luck for next time!

They took out reverse around the corner :biggrin:

:lolwut:... It wasn't 0 major faults then, was it?

'Driving' does not just include going along, stopping, and turning. If you can't do manoeuvres successfully, then you haven't done 'excellent driving', as you haven't shown the examiner that you can control the car while doing precise movements and procedures.
Zero faults until I tried to stop.

This reminds me of the old joke about the egg that was dropped from an aeroplane above a concrete runway. It fell 400 feet without breaking. How did it survive intact?

The answer lies in the fact that the runway was 400 feet and two inches below the aeroplane and the egg was smashed to smithereens. But it did fall 400 feet without any damage at all.

I wouldn't read too much into the minor faults system, I had 9 on the test I passed and just 1 on one that I actually failed - it seems quite subjective.

no its about ensuring you can safely operate a vehicle at all times, not about driving. A car can be weapon and is capable of huge consequences if used recklessly. Hence important faults are a straight fail
Original post by Bio 7

Original post by Bubblylibra
They took out reverse around the corner :biggrin:

Original post by LeapingLucy
Being able to stop is a pretty key part of driving.

I passed my test years ago and can no longer parallel park or even stop very close to the kerb in a forward motion. I simple don't parallel park, when I was forced to do it once, I left half my bonnet sticking out at a 45 degree angle, put on the hazards and ran into the shop. with parking very close to the kerb, I simple drive past where I want to park, usually an empty space or on the end, and reverse back.

I don't understand why they took out reversing around the corner, it is infact the most used manuver I do since I learnt to drive.
Original post by nonotyoutoo
I passed my test years ago and can no longer parallel park or even stop very close to the kerb in a forward motion. I simple don't parallel park, when I was forced to do it once, I left half my bonnet sticking out at a 45 degree angle, put on the hazards and ran into the shop. with parking very close to the kerb, I simple drive past where I want to park, usually an empty space or on the end, and reverse back.

You say that is if it was normal. For a driver with years of experience to be unable to parallel-park is both unacceptable and shameful. Such people, when detected, should be made to re-take their tests.
I passed my test years ago and can no longer parallel park .

Don't move to a big city.

I don't understand why they took out reversing around the corner, it is infact the most used manuver I do since I learnt to drive.

Are you serious orrrrr?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending