The Student Room Group

My school doesn’t offer gcse food tech

So a week ago I went to the food tech teacher and she said gcse food tech is available but we got the form and apparently it’s not I carried for about an hour i was pretty annoyed then today I went t her again and she said because we haven’t done it this year there is no point which doesn’t make sense because the other tech teacher said it was because of no teacher??? So I wanted to know is here anyway I could do it or outside of school or there is this form where our paren s can talk to head of year nine options should I ddo that to see but has anyone had to do a gcse outside of school please help I really want and need to do food tech for the future and would be devastated if I couldn’t also all the other options are so weird and make no sense or relevant to what I want to do thanks
Original post by Potatogirl123
So a week ago I went to the food tech teacher and she said gcse food tech is available but we got the form and apparently it’s not I carried for about an hour i was pretty annoyed then today I went t her again and she said because we haven’t done it this year there is no point which doesn’t make sense because the other tech teacher said it was because of no teacher??? So I wanted to know is here anyway I could do it or outside of school or there is this form where our paren s can talk to head of year nine options should I ddo that to see but has anyone had to do a gcse outside of school please help I really want and need to do food tech for the future and would be devastated if I couldn’t also all the other options are so weird and make no sense or relevant to what I want to do thanks

Why do you need to do it?
Maybe one of the local colleges has it?
Talk to head of options, but if the demand is low then its likely not worth it for school.
I cant see it being offered online.

Quick Reply

Latest