The Student Room Group

How can I get my ex back?

We're both in our twenties and we were together for 5 years. Last year my mental health got a lot worse and I had new medication and therapy. I was more grumpy with him than usual, though I tried to keep things going.

He said he couldn't handle it and we broke up, leaving me heartbroken. We've seen each other a couple of times since we broke up and I don't know what to think. He still talks on the style we did with each other when we were together and he barely mentions the break up. He's said in person and in texts that he misses me.

I don't know what to do. On the one hand I think I should just let this all go, but on the other hand I still love him. I think 5 years too long to throw away just because my mental health got worse. The new medication and therapy had made things better for me so I'm not like I was when we broke up.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone?
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I think you should just be open with him about your medication. Explain what the medication has done. I am sure he will understand. If he dosent, then you deserve better. OR... You could have a break, do something you enjoy, then go back and get him!

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Lance
Just talk to him about it
I think you both need to be honest with each other. You both sound like you miss each other and need to have a serious talk as to if your relationship could really work. If it's meant to be then it will be, but right now you need to focus on if this is going to work and if you two can still be friends if it doesn't. Talk to him, see what he says. Hope this helps~
Reply 5
Original post by LanceArmstrong
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I think you should just be open with him about your medication. Explain what the medication has done. I am sure he will understand. If he dosent, then you deserve better. OR... You could have a break, do something you enjoy, then go back and get him!

Hope this helps,

Thanks, Lance

Original post by SoftGingerCat
I think you both need to be honest with each other. You both sound like you miss each other and need to have a serious talk as to if your relationship could really work. If it's meant to be then it will be, but right now you need to focus on if this is going to work and if you two can still be friends if it doesn't. Talk to him, see what he says. Hope this helps~

Thanks. I think I just have to be honest with him and see what happens. I'll be more heartbroken if he says no though.
Sounds like it can be fixed, give it time and ease back into things. Explain you’ve changed and how. Do something sweet for him, then slowly go back to how you were x
Good luck x
Moving on is the best option according to me. Getting into past is like wasting your time and energy. There will be so many opportunities waiting for you in the future. So move ahead without looking back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending